Just started a very low carb ketogenic diet that is DR supervised.WouLd like support and menu ideas

Options
I’m 54 and usually active. Had hip surgery and gained weight, lost tone. Just started a low-carb ketogenic MD controlled diet. Excited to lose weight and get back in shape! I travel so exercise is difficult to work in. Need support and menu ideas! Thanks and good luck to all!!
V

Replies

• always4my2kids
    always4my2kids Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My cardiologist recommends a Keto diet. I eat low carb/keto diet. I've lost 95 pounds and am almost half way to goal. I understand where you are at! I'd love to share recipes and advice. My diary is open so you can view what a typical day looks like for me. I don't eat as low carb as "keto" but somewhere between 21 - 34 net carbs a day. 34 is a BIG day for me. Good luck on your journey! :)
  • slynnkie
    slynnkie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I follow primaledgehealth on YouTube. They have a bunch of blogs about food to eat, recipe ideas, etc. They also have a cookbook with some really great recipes! This is their website. https://www.primaledgehealth.com/
  • JipsyJudy
    JipsyJudy Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I’m 72 and have had two knee replacement over the past 2 1/2 years. I’ve gained 30 pounds in three years due to arthritis and post surgical restrictions on activity. When I was 30, after my first child was born, I went on what was then called “the drinking man’s diet”. It was actually the keto diet, complete with urine test strips. I lost 30 pounds I’d gained from my first pregnancy. So recently, I decided to research the keto diet. The first thing I learned was how many health problems seem to be helped by a keto diet, especially insulin/diabetic problems. I’m insulin resistant and prone to sliding into prediabetes if I’m not careful to restrict my carbs. The second thing I learned is that you don’t have to eat processed meats and unhealthy fats to do keto. Here’s a link with good advice for eating healthy fats: https://www.perfectketo.com/good-fats-vs-bad-fats-on-the-ketogenic-diet/
    I’m about to start keto again.
  • aburrison1
    aburrison1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    FB has a Keto community and Keto Connect has great recipes and Pinterest is also an awesome place for Keto recipes. Just type in “Keto” and it will give you ideas.