5K Runners!

Options
Im new to myfitnesspal and want to meet my fellow runners, i am training for 5k's, ran my first yesterday in 29 mins......have to work on that time and increase my mileage daily!!! How are you guys doing?

Replies

• MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hi! Your time is great! I run 5K's also..not near as fast as you, but I'm working on it! Add me if you'd like! :drinker:
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi Ottie, runner here also. Great time add if you would like. Welcome to MFP
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm also a runner. Feel free to add me. Congrats on your first race...that's an awesome time.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Im new to myfitnesspal and want to meet my fellow runners, i am training for 5k's, ran my first yesterday in 29 mins......have to work on that time and increase my mileage daily!!! How are you guys doing?

I think I must shun anyone who complains about 29 minutes. :-)

My best time was still above 30. The one I ran Saturday was just sad -- 37 minutes. But I blame the humidity and steep hills at the very end (almost the entire last mile was up a steep hill) for that.

I do enjoy them, though, and it's always something to work towards. And I try to choose races that benefit organization that mean something to me.
  • shelimac
    shelimac Posts: 12
    Options
    good morning!!! congrats for completeting your first 5k in 29mins- thats awesome....I enjoy running and i am here for support!

I completed my first half marathon yesterday and it was an amazing feeling :-)
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Great time! Stick at it :)

I broke my 5k PB a couple of months ago with 20' 50". Unfortunately I knackered my hamstring in the process and I haven't done a run in about six weeks, and don't know when I'll be able to get back out again :( Really want to get back out and push towards breaking 20'.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Great job on your 5k! Good time. I enjoy running too! Working up to a 1/2 marathon now. I have run 5ks and 10ks. Running is my favorite form of exercise and I typically run 30-40 miles a week. Any runners, feel free to add me as a friend!!!!
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Great time! I just started running last year and it's addicting! I love the races. It's something my whole family loves to do (my 9 and 6 year olds run them with me, my husband, mother, brothers, sister in laws, cousins, etc.). It's so much fun. This November my whole family is renting a house in OBX for a whole weekend of racing. Some family members are doing the marathon, some the half, I'm doing the 8K with my sister in laws and some are doing the 5K. I never understood why people put themselves through running, especially marathons but I completely get it now!