Most accurate calorie counter?

Options
Hey All! I’m trying out different calorie counters to help me come up with an average for calories I should consume! I’ve taken MFPS into consideration along with Scooby accurate calorie counter!

Please share your favorite :)

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    The one you pick and then adjust based on your actual results.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,509 Member
    Options
    None is accurate as everyone's body functions slightly differently. How would an equation know the difference between you and someone of similar age, weight and gender?
  • asadali317
    asadali317 Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    myfitnesspal is the best calculator. i lost 10 kg using this in 2011 but forgot my username and password for the old account
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    I'd say each of us is their own best calorie calculator, after a few months of testing out the numbers provided by any counter out there.

Like most above said - you start from the formula (be it NEAT or TDEE) and give it a month or two - if by then you're off your weight projections in any direction, adjust.

I used to go by TDEE, recently switched to the NEAT formula (adjusted MFP suggestion).

Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    for me MFP and scooby were both pretty accurate and gave me pretty much the same numbers.

dont overthink it, its an estimate, you can tweak as necessary, you just have to be consistent in the process.