One month today

Options
Today has been one month since I truly started MFP. I have lost 11 pounds!! I would love for anyone to share tips that keep them motivated and on track!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Don't stop logging on. I have been doing it for a year, have met my goal and still log on every day. Congratulations and good luck.
  • hsh0927
    hsh0927 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    <--- That's my motivation lol. I'd love for my abs to look like that in a year so I put it on here so I see it multiple times a day. Studies show that seeing a picture of something you really want can make you 3x more succesful in getting it (=
  • yankeegurl
    Options
    My best tips are to keep logging in everyday no matter how bad the day or how busy you get. Also, find like-minded people so you don't have to go through your journey alone:) Great job!!
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's great 11 Lbs in your first month proves again that MFP rocks. Good job my friend :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • BV1980
    BV1980 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulations!!! You are doing wonderful!!! My advice for staying on track is to make sure you don't have an all or nothing approach to this. We all screw up from time to time. Don't let the setbacks derail you completely. I have found it easier to make smaller changes and little incremental improvements on what I am doing. That way they can more easily become permanent changes. An example is I have not completely revamped my eating. Instead I make small changes that are gradually adding up to bigger changes. I started with eliminating pop. I reduced the amount I drank and then after I ot used to that I eliminated it completely. Now I don't drink it at all. if I had just eliminated it on day 1, I might not have succeeded because it would have been too much too fast. The key is to make these permanent lasting changes. Good luck in month #2

-Brian
  • maria1993
    maria1993 Posts: 112
    Options
    Studies show that seeing a picture of something you really want can make you 3x more succesful in getting it (=

Too bad that doesn't apply to men.
  • CarmenSox
    CarmenSox Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It really helps me to have my "before and After" pics....and I will always keep that one pair of fat jeans just to remind myself thats where i was. Good job so far!!!!
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Great idea! And awesome loss to date! I started just about a month ago here, too (7/17) and on June 24th using another site (like this one much better). One trick that is working for me is to have some workouts during the week with a friend but others by myself. The friend workouts help keep me motivated to go when I don't always want to, plus it's a great way to catch up rather than going out to lunch, and then the solo workouts I can push myself much harder mentally and physically and focus more on what my body is doing. I'm not a fruits and veggies person naturally, so I've been making wonderfully delicious fruit smoothies at home for breakfast to help boost my healthy foods for the day.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!