cellulite šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

Options
I know you canā€™t just get rid of cellulite but what are some ways to drastically reduce its appearance? I just turned 35 and boom! Itā€™s on front and back of my legs down to my knees!! I wonā€™t even wear shorts. Iā€™m not overweight but I do want to lose about 15 lbs. what exercises can I incorporate to help with this? It looks God awful!!
Ā«1

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I have it no matter what or how lean I get. While strength training and gaining muscle has helped a bit, it is still very much there and seems to get worse as I age.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Mine got worse after menopause, even when I was doing strength training (still do) and dancing (can't do anymore). It started in my youth and never when away regardless of weight, diet (noun) or exercise. It also moved to my upper arms and it became very friendly with my creepy aging skin (BFF?). Who ever finds the "solution" for cellulite will win the Nobel Prize, but probably not in my life time.
    I wear Bermuda shorts to cover most of my upper thighs, but can't do much for my upper arms, specially in the summer. It's too hot where I live. I just keep eating healthy, exercising as much as my joints allow me, and I keep hydrated and I use skin moisturizers. A little bit of summer color helps too. But I lost hope that it will ever go away. I am too old for that.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Strength training and fake tan "may" help. I've also heard that the reason some cellulite creams seem to work temporarily is actually from the act of massaging the cream in, so perhaps focusing on really working in moisturizer in those areas is worth a shot. Whether or not any of this will drastically improve it is a crap shoot though! Know you are not alone, most of us have to find a way to own it to some extent :flowerforyou:
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has reduced mine is heavy lifting. A tan will help hide it but as soon as it fades the cellulite is visible again
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have less the more strength training I do.
  • jsaladino2113
    jsaladino2113 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So frustrating!!! Thanks all!!! I do very light weights, only ten lbs each. I guess I will work up on that more and Iā€™ll try squats. I donā€™t mind having a little but this is just nasty lol
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,973 Member
    Options
    Okay, old wives tale, but from what I understand, there is some truth too it - outside of strength training, take a rolling pin to your cellulite and roll it. Hard. Or one of those little leg rollers. I believe it does help break stuff up so it's less noticeable.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Another strength training fan. Mine definitely has gotten less noticeable with heavy lifting.
  • ajcc500
    ajcc500 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I saw a programme on BBC where they had different groups trying different methods for reducing cellulite. The most effective by far was dry brushing. I canā€™t remember what the programme was called, but I think Michael Moseley was on it. The results were actually quite dramatic.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better...Iā€™ll bet no one else sees it as much as you do. We are our own worst critics, and other people donā€™t looks as closely or with as pessimistic of an eye. People who care about you probably donā€™t notice at all, and if they do, they donā€™t care, they just want you happy healthy and confident!
  • vcancel
    vcancel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Not looking at your cellulite. I'm too busy looking at my own. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: Ā»
    Cellulite is like the lower belly pooch, almost every woman has it. When youā€™re at the pool look around. Almost every woman has cellulite. and is everyone staring at them going ā€œew gross, celluliteā€?? No, because no one cares. Just keep exercising, loosing weight, strength train, and it may get better.

See I must be weird because I've never had a lower belly pooch. Even now, when I'm 8 kgs past my usual weight my tummy stays flat but all the weight goes into my hips and thighs.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is like the lower belly pooch, almost every woman has it. When youā€™re at the pool look around. Almost every woman has cellulite. and is everyone staring at them going ā€œew gross, celluliteā€?? No, because no one cares. Just keep exercising, loosing weight, strength train, and it may get better.

See I must be weird because I've never had a lower belly pooch. Even now, when I'm 8 kgs past my usual weight my tummy stays flat but all the weight goes into my hips and thighs.

It's funny how we are all different. I don't have any cellulite at all and never have, but I do have a very big belly no matter what weight I am which I hate!!
  • nancyvinci92
    nancyvinci92 Posts: 9 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I've heard squats can help clear the cellulite around the thigh and groin area but there's a limit to how much a person can exercise regularly. The BBG workout seems to have all the right workout routines for getting rid of it all- burning the fat, firming the muscle underneath and boosting blood circulation. However, there's also a genetic component associated with cellulite and if everything fails, it's best to receive cellulite reduction treatments from reputed centers that use state-of-the-art devices. For example, I've heard squats can help clear the cellulite around the thigh and groin area but there's a limit to how much a person can exercise regularly. The BBG workout seems to have all the right workout routines for getting rid of it all- burning the fat, firming the muscle underneath and boosting blood circulation. However, there's also a genetic component associated with cellulite and if everything fails, it's best to receive cellulite reduction treatments from reputed centers that use state-of-the-art devices.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options

It's funny how we are all different. I don't have any cellulite at all and never have, but I do have a very big belly no matter what weight I am which I hate!!

It really is cool and interesting how different all our bodies are!