Best alcohol free beers?

Options
What are your favourite 0% beers? (Particularly available in the UK!) I’ve tried Becks Blue, Heineken 0% and San Miguel 0%. Think an ice cold Becks is winning for me. Any recommendations??

Replies

• watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Budweiser
    Kopperberg
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Why alcohol free? I mean, what's the point then? I love the taste of beer, but I also love how it makes me feel. I wouldn't drink it just for the taste. If I wanted a sweet, sugary drink, I'd have something else.

Lol obviously because they don’t drink alcohol but like the taste.....
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a "good" zero alcohol beer, just as there is no such thing as a "good" diet soda or decaf coffee or tea, because there simply is no substitute for alcohol, sugar and caffeine.

That said, there was a period of time when all I drank was O'Doul's. Tasted like a weak Bud (which is already weak enough) and ultimately wasn't worth the price or compromise to me.

If you are worried about the cals, just drink the real think but drink less of it w/in your cal and nutritional linits.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    When I fancy a beer but don't want to have alcohol (not often!), I'll either go for Heineken or Erdinger Alcohol Free.

They don't taste as good as actual beer but they're good enough.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I rate Bavaria Blue over Becks Blue. Available in most main supermarkets.
  • delaclos99
    delaclos99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Erdinger the best for me, although the Heineken isn't bad.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Why alcohol free? I mean, what's the point then? I love the taste of beer, but I also love how it makes me feel. I wouldn't drink it just for the taste. If I wanted a sweet, sugary drink, I'd have something else.

That's like decaf coffee, aka useless hot Brown water.

And yet for someone who loves the taste of coffee but can’t have or doesn’t want caffeine its perfectly wonderful, we are not all in it for the buzz.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a "good" zero alcohol beer, just as there is no such thing as a "good" diet soda or decaf coffee or tea, because there simply is no substitute for alcohol, sugar and caffeine.

That said, there was a period of time when all I drank was O'Doul's. Tasted like a weak Bud (which is already weak enough) and ultimately wasn't worth the price or compromise to me.

If you are worried about the cals, just drink the real think but drink less of it w/in your cal and nutritional linits.

Honestly, I do kind of like Diet Dr. Pepper.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I prefer diet sodas ... they dont coat your mouth in fur and leave you with that sickly feeling.

the sad thing is though, I drink so little these days, that at the weekend I accidentally bought Becks Blue and didnt even realize they were sans alcohol :astonished:
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Becks Blue or Worsteiner (avail in Tesco at the moment) Hubby is alcohol free for health reasons.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Buderim%20Ginger%20Woolworth%20Glass%20Bottle%20Non%20alcoholic.jpg
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Buderim%20Ginger%20Woolworth%20Glass%20Bottle%20Non%20alcoholic.jpg

"ginger juice" :D