Hi there new boy in the block

Options
Hi everyone my name is Felix and I weight 228 lbs so I want to reach my goal of 180 lbs by August 1st. I hate healthy foods and I hate to do exercise but I will to change that for good with your help. Thank you in advance

Replies

• Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You can do it...be kind to yourself....patience is the key! Find something you enjoy to get moving...walking with great music for motivation is always a good start! Go for it!!
  • ransaka
    ransaka Posts: 135 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'd probably start off with a more realistic goal as losing 48lbs in a month isn't going to happen I'm afraid unless you chop a limb off. You'll make a good dent in the first few weeks for sure if you're new to weight loss but don't get frustrated when that starts to taper down to more realistic levels.
    If you haven't already I'd heartily recommend reading this thread as it contains all the information you could ever need about weight loss.

Take a moment to think about why you want to be 180lbs and after you've read the linked thread I'd suggest writing down a plan of action with some short term goals and maybe a medium term goal. I know nothing about your personal situation so can't comment on the why but as an example, for me, I realised after some time on the weight loss train that the number on the scale held far less importance for me than the way clothes fit me, I got more of a sense of satisfaction from wearing smaller sized clothes than I did with knowing I'd dropped x pounds that month.

Try taking measurements as well as weighing that way you can see if you're losing inches even if the scales don't move or even go up and it'll help keep you motivated when the scales won't play the game as you can still see that you're making progress.

Don't stress the bumps in the road along the way, you're going to slip and stumble as you go and that's fine, consistency, being satiated and more consistency will get you there better than anything else.

Good luck!

*Edited for terrible spelling.