Increasing the junk in my trunk

Options
Healthier approach to lifting this time round, hoping to find a tasty plant protein shake as sensitive to whey, any recommendations u.k. Let the gains begin

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    Most whey protein powders are whey concentrate, have you tried whey isolate? It's more refined and contains less lactose, reportedly less problematic for those with sensitivity issues with whey.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Orgain tastes pretty good as far as mass market plant based powders go (especially the PB flavor). Additionally, I think vivolife salted caramel tastes good (but I don't like raw cacao). Not sure how widely available vivolife is in the uk (strictly online in the US, but since they're a uk company, I thought maybe it's available retail there...).
  • thirtiesrock
    thirtiesrock Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m not sure what kind of whey I tried, I do know that when I cut out dairy I feel more well
  • thirtiesrock
    Options
    Hi thank you. I’ll keep eyes peeled for it. I’m on a budget
  • steveko89
    Options
    Hi I’m not sure what kind of whey I tried, I do know that when I cut out dairy I feel more well

I see. I've been satisfied with every product I've tried from MyProtein. I mostly get their whey, which is far cheaper than the retail stores here in the US, but they a few plant-based options in their range as well.

They have sample pouches you can order to try out the different kinds before getting a big bag, too.

https://us.myprotein.com/elysium.search?search=sample

• thirtiesrock
    Options
    I remember getting 33% off my last bag. Retail ones pricey as. Vega (u.k) is apparently lovely but expensive. Last soya one I got from my protein wasn’t very nice. My favourite flavour vanilla so after a vanilla one
  • steveko89
    Options
    I remember getting 33% off my last bag. Retail ones pricey as. Vega (u.k) is apparently lovely but expensive. Last soya one I got from my protein wasn’t very nice. My favourite flavour vanilla so after a vanilla one

The vanilla from myprotein seems very polarizing; it's what I use daily and think it's great. Another friend of mind can't stand it and favors the "Chocolate Smoothe" flavor (which I've also tried, it's quite good).
  • thirtiesrock
    Options
    I might get some sample packs thank you:)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    here is a perfect opportunity for me to priase Ghost Protein Powders. I recently used Maxx Chewning's code and purchased from https://www.ghostlifestyle.com the 2lb tub of Peanut Butter Cereal Milk flavored whey protein and I kid you not....obsessed! MyProtein is also supposed to be pretty good, as @steveko89 is suggesting. I have never tried that but hear really good things about it. I have tried others in the past (will not mention their names) and they had negative effects on me (really bad bloating, feeling completely stuffed and - here comes the truth, folks - flatulence that would literally clear the building!). I have been using the Ghost whey protein for the past week (including twice on Thursday and Friday) and have experienced absolutely no negative side effects.

Now, we are all different....what is garbage to me might be life-saving to you....and vice versa. But, I can only sing praises about the Ghost Whey Protein.
  • sharonedix
    sharonedix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use myprotien, very good protein .. The article is great thank you once again .. your new friend Sharon