Meal Rplacement shakes..

Options
I have been looking into doing a meal replacement shake....but it is so confussing to me.......

Replies

• littlewitch1973
    Options
    Try Protein shakes - they have the most "nutritional" value - ones like Unjury, or Syntax Nectar (I'm drinking the Fuzzy Navel one now!) are tasy and can help keep your calories in check. Protein also makes you feel fuller longer, as it takes the body longer to digest protein than other processed foods.
  • mahosmama
    Options
    I take Kellogg's Special K Protein Shake when I am rushed and hungry. It has 190 calories and it tastes good. I wouldn't use it for all meals because it defeats the purpose of learning to eat a well balanced diet. For me it is a convenience.
  • firemama
    firemama Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Try find one low in sugar and high in protein. It is best to buy whey powder and make your own. If you visit one of your local vitamin stors, GNC, Vitamin world etc. the clerk should be able to help you out.

Good luck,
    na firemama
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I started out doing Slim Fast since it was quick, easy, and not too expensive if you buy it in the 12pack boxes (less than $1 a shake). They were a good jumping off point, but the are full of sugar (18g per shake) and a lot of artificial ingredients. I switched to a protein shake and now use Reclaim Smart Smoothie from Complete Nutrition. 1g of sugar and 20g of protein and 120 calories per serving. I make mine with skim milk which adds 80 calories. I suggest you go to a couple different health food stores and shop around. Ask lots of questions. Everyone is going to give you pretty solid advice, but remember that their goal is to sell their products and their brands. Don't jump into a good deal or you will be stuck with a bunch of product you may or may not use. Don't be afraid to take notes or ask if they can give you a sample taste. All of the stores I went to had an open container of their main brand of product to give a sample taste of.
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC total lean shakes, and I LOVE them. I mix mine with organic non fat milk, and it takes just like a milk shake. They are expensive though, but worth the money.
  • Chelij
    Chelij Posts: 49
    Options
    Shakeology! The only shake that has helped me with my IBS and actually keeps me full for a decent amount of time.
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I use the GNC total lean shakes, and I LOVE them. I mix mine with organic non fat milk, and it takes just like a milk shake. They are expensive though, but worth the money.

I drink these too! I'm actually having one while typing this (chocolate flavor). They can be pricey, but they also are on sale a lot since they are one of the popular products or you get a discount if you buy another product (like vitamins etc).
  • cbond74
    cbond74 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology. It's more than just a protein shake. Its packed full of vitamins and your daily servings of fruits and veggies! It tastes amazing when you mix it with almond milk and peanut butter!! Yummy!!
  • Ajwilson67
    Options
    we are looking at the 14 day total lean shakes for GNC....just want to make sure it has enough of what i need...
  • Ajwilson67
    Options
    Looked at the Shakeology one too, looks good....expensive but looks good...but i guess you get what you pay for
  • Ajwilson67
    Options
    Went to GNC and Bought the Amplified Chocolate tastes great . so i will start the journey tomorrow with that..
  • WendyHJ
    WendyHJ Posts: 60
    Options
    i recommend Syntrax Nectar Sweets protein shakes. I bought sample packs of most of them and can recommend the chocolate truffle, cappucino, and strawberry kiwi. If you try Roadside Lemonade or Fuzzy Navel do NOT put it in milk **shudder**

*Added: Super Supplements carries Syntrax
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Shakeology! It's hard to even get these nutrients in a full days balanced diet!
  • kimmerc1331
    kimmerc1331 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use body Fortress in chocolate. 2 scoops have 52 grams of protein and only 8 grams of carbs. They taste really good. I mix with ice, water and a banana. I am looking to mix it up though...thinking of shakeology.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I use VEGA protein/meal replacement shakes. its completely vegan and has every single vitamin and mineral under the sun in it.
    however, it tastes like dirt, but oh well, i drink it anyways because of all the fantastic things in it. :) ha ha