My scale is the DEVIL!!!!!!!!!

Options
So I went to weigh myself this morning.. it said I was 202! I KNOW this is wrong I was just 210 last night. My scale is not digital, and the red line is on zero. I took off all my clothes. stood straight up and weighed myself and let my SO check.. Now I know I'm not crazy because 8 pounds in 1 days is ALOT and I don't think that's right..

WTF is wrong with my scale? could I be weighing myself wrong?

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's time to change scales.

I HIGHLY recommend this one.

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    I had the non digital scale first and had some of the same problems. You can buy a good digital scale for under $20 and it's well worth it. You can even tell when you have only lost ounces, which is always nice just to know your going down. Yeah 8 lbs of weight loss in a day is alot, I suggest getting a soft tape measure and recording your inches too. Sometimes you are really dropping inches and not the lbs too. Good luck and buy a digital scale! :)
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It does sound off.

Was it your first day of dieting? I know a lot of people, especially at weights of 200+, CAN lose a lot of weight in the first day or so, just as water weight. But 8 pounds ... yeah, I don't know, I think you're right to be suspicious fo your scale.

I hate scales personally. Weighing makes me feel so bad about myself that I just don't do it! I can more or less tell when I'm losing or gaining anyway, I don't find knowing a specific number helpful.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to change scales as well. I weigh myself 3x in a row, and the range is 7-10 lbs depending on if I have my heels closer together, further apart, if I'm standing a little more to the front/back of the scale. So far, I've been recording the average of the 3 weights every week to document my loss. I just haven't gotten around to getting a new scale (very afraid it will list me as much higher than I am).
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    Yes it is...I did my exercise, drank my water, and ate the calories I was supposed too.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You weighed more last night? After eating dinner and wearing clothing? That sounds right. Ten pounds may be excessive, but I've seen absurd weights at night. *shrug*
  • Maya_Erin
    Options
    I just did it again. And made sure to postition myself right and now it's says my 210.. which mean I'm 2 lbs less from 2 days ago
  • wildone31
    Options
    I would also suggest getting a digital scale. I have a Tanita and it reads lbs, bodyfat % and your percentage of water. I love it and its kind of like the one my old diet doctor used. The best feature is the reading of the fat %. So when I have have a low lbs# or the same as last week normally the fat% has gone down and that helps keep me moving. It cost me about 60 bucks but that was about 5 years ago so it should be way cheaper by now.