Small weight loss goal!

Options
Help!! I feel as though alot of the forums on here relate to weight loss goals of over 10lbs. Im looking to lose about 8-10 lbs and im finding it very difficult. Im on a 2 day split with lifting and I do cardio every day. I do 30 minutes of the elliptical and burn around 510 calories each time. I feel like i get a great work out from it! I have been doing this routine for about 8 months. I lost about 10lbs in the first few months, but now my weight is at a stand still. I even come in under my calorie goal daily! My body loves to be at 130 but I would love to be 120. I was just wondering if there is anyone out there who could give me advice about losing the last 10lbs.

Replies

• kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    the only advice I can give you is are you sure you need to weigh 120? I would love to weigh that or even 130 or 135 but it is simply to hard for me to maintain those weights. the lowest I got was 135 and I had to watch every single thing I ate every single day, stick to 1200 calories and workout cardio 5 days a week and weights(heavy) 3 days a week. This made me very hungry and I wasn't able to stick to 1200 calories. I moved up from 135 to 145 but stayed the same size in clothes and frankly, looked better. so maybe you want to ditch the number and have a different goal? If you still really want to weigh 130 you are going to have to cut calories and/or increase or change your workout and stick to it forever. good luck in whatever you choose!
  • andiebrent
    Options
    yeah, I feel the same way. And I think its way harder to lose weight when you have less to lose. I feel stuck as well, except instead of just staying the same weight, my weight has been fluctuating up and down.

I'm trying to lose probably about 10 pounds, maybe at absolute most 15 (but that might be very difficult, and too skinny).

but its hard keeping yourself motivated when you aren't seeing strong results.
  • kristine1600
    Options
    Hi

Im Kristine i have very similiar weight loss goals but am struggling with finding an ideal weight . i am always open and curious about new work out routines, healthy recipes and basically how others are doing on their fitness journey. gool luck !
  • cervenec
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing! You might be working out too much- your body is retaining lots to repair itself after working out. Vanity pounds are so hard to lose ;^; Up your calorie intake?