New

Options
Rickc8
Rickc8 Posts: 21 Member
Hi everyone. I am new here and need to lose at least 45 lbs to be put on the list for a lung transplant. I am currently disabled and can only walk very short distances at a time, It must also be inside because I cannot breath in the excessive heat here in South Carolina. in the past 7 days I went from 286.5 to 283 I am logging in everything I eat and weighing my foods I was the F & B director at the largest health care facility in South Carolina Before I became disabled 2 years ago.
I prepare all of my food at home from scratch and make sure it falls in line with the guidelines for a 1200 cal. diet.
Any Suggestions?

Replies

• sharonedix
    sharonedix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Rick , believe in your self ..never let doubt be your friend . My prayers will be with you ..you can i know you can .may the Lord help you daily in Jesus name ...your new friend Prophetess Sharon
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a tough pill. Good luck with that! You're going to lose weight fast on 1200. Do you have a physical therapist and dietitian to work with you so that you don't lose too much muscle mass before the operation. Are the stats that they want the state's rules or your doctor's/hospital's. It might be helpful to look into other states/hospitals (if your insurance coverage allows) to maybe get on the list while you're losing the weight. I really hope everything works out great for you! I've found that MFP is one of the best resources for whatever diet/fitness goals you need and everyone here is super supportive!