Weight down, waist not moving

Options
Good morning,

I have been counting calories and exercising for the last 2 months. As of today the scale shows I have lost 4 lbs total (had a small goal of 13 lbs and losing at 0.5 per week, so right on track). However my waist/hip measurements have not changed one bit!

Why am I not losing inches? I do not notice a significant change anywhere else, so I am not sure where the weight could be coming off.

I have 9 more lbs to lose for my goal weight, I'm starting to get worried I will be the same size then as I am not, and that is very discouraging.

Stats:
Female
5'4"
Exercise: mixture of full body strength and cardio. Started 4 week HIIT as of 7/2/18.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    What is your goal weight?

Think of weight loss like an onion, it comes off in layers.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Goal is 125, and then will be happy with fluctuation between 125-130
  • binor
    binor Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My waist showed very small movement until I was at goal. For me it was the last place to go. Everyone is different, and you can’t pick where you loose weight. It is frustrating
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Keep plugging away. The last place for many to lose the chub is the core. Do your clothes fit better?
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I’m down over 30 pounds and just beginning to see any real progress on my waist/midsection. That area seems to take a lot of time for some of us.
  • emmies_123
    emmies_123 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Keep plugging away. The last place for many to lose the chub is the core. Do your clothes fit better?

I already favored loose clothing so not much of a noticeable change, I guess because I'm losing slowly and gradually.

Thanks all. Hopefully by the time I hit goal I'll notice some kind of physical change! Or maybe I'll hit goal and just take lots and lots of exercise before it tones enough
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I find I lose in odd places at first. Once I got to goal then my weight seemed to even out. Don't lose hope it will catch up eventually. Congrats on your loss!