Best HRM and Calorie Counter?

Options
I have decided I need to buy one of these but as there are so many different ones I would like to know which one do you think is the best?

Thanks in advance x x

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    The thing with HRMs is you get what you pay for. I have a Polar FT7 and I love it, it has the chest strap and is very easy to use, we paid like 80-90 for it.
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Love my Polar
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Bump, also deciding on one to buy...
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 and enjoy it. I would recommend a Polar FT4 or FT7. They are really easy to use and have most all the features an average user would want/need. The FT4 can be bought on amazon for $55, the FT7 for $75. Both models have the chest strap and count calories. The FT7 has 3 features over the FT4. 1) FT7 can store 99 workouts, FT4 10 workouts. 2) FT7 has the heart burn "effect" feature which tells you if you are in "Fat burn" or "Fitness" mode and you can program the watch to help you maintain a certain mode or heart rate range. 3) the FT7 allows you to upload workout data to the polar website to track progress, but I think you have to buy an additional computer adapter for this.

Whatever you get make sure it has the chest strap and not just the wrist watch.
  • Fit_ClaudiaQ
    Options
    I have the FT4..it works great! It counts calories, duration, displays are big, water resistant..it does the basic but if you want the whole plug in numbers to computer & compare workouts then go with FT7.. I heard that one was great as well.
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    bump
  • jnemm05
    jnemm05 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Polar FT4 at Target for $98. I love it, so easy to use!!
  • TiraG
    TiraG Posts: 68
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and I love it! Another benefit of the polar is that if you go to your local gym and you use their machines that have the polar symbol on it, it will automatically detect your heart rate, if you're wearing the chest strap. You wont have to grab the machine to have it detect your heart rate. HTH
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 or FT7.. most recommended on here for a reason. I have the FT7 and I love it!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I have the polar FT4 with the chest strap and I love it! It is super comfy and really easy to use, and I love knowing exactly how many calories I am burning :)
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I have a sportline duo 1010 with chest strap. I really love it. It syncs with the elliptical at my gym, it tells me cals burned, how long I am below and above my target HR zone. It was $65 in the store, not sure if it's cheaper online.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I just bought a polar blue tooth HRM.
    I use my smart phone, and this one works with my cardio trainer app on my android.
    Now if the mfp app could access it directly. . .
  • goatstew
    goatstew Posts: 50
    Options
    My dad gave me a target gift card for my birthday and I'm hoping to buy one with it as well. They have a new balance on on the website that's a little cheaper than the Polar ones with good reviews. Is it better to save some money or just go for the Polar?
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I have decided I need to buy one of these but as there are so many different ones I would like to know which one do you think is the best?

Thanks in advance x x

Hey Mazz - going to have to throw my vote in for the Polar as well - I have the FT4 but wish I would have just bought the FT7 because now I'm planning to upgrade to it anyway LOL
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys - guess I will be buying a Polar one quite soon (: