Fat and Lonely!

Options

Replies

• cedric_says
    cedric_says Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I used to be a lot heavier. What worked best for me was trusting the process. Imagine the day that you finally reach your goal. Now that you have lost the weight, how is your life going to be different? What does a day in the "skinny" life look like to you?
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    I am here to lend my support feel free to add me
  • Jorja4
    Jorja4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hope everything goes well for you. I haven't been that successful myself. I've tried MFP App a few times. I've started for a couple of weeks and gave up on it again. This time I have 4 weeks in......
  • gfreyman
    gfreyman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I can help you, lost 65 lbs, and have learned a few tricks along the way that sped up the process
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Continue_My_Dear Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Jorja4 wrote: ยป
    I hope everything goes well for you. I haven't been that successful myself. I've tried MFP App a few times. I've started for a couple of weeks and gave up on it again. This time I have 4 weeks in......

4 weeks is so good!!
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    I can help you, lost 65 lbs, and have learned a few tricks along the way that sped up the process

I'd love to know your tricks!!
  • cactusnbubbles
    cactusnbubbles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey. You can do it and you have taken the first step to your goal. One reason I am getting back on track is because me good friends have been losing weight. And I didn't want to be the big girl LOL so they have motivated me. I hope you find motivation on this site feel free to reach out anytime
  • sandrakovacevicm6133
    Options
    Hi, Im new here and still figure it out how this thing works ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I recomend for you too stay strong and don't pay attention to what other people think you stick to your diet and don't give up. Wish you the best luck girl ๐Ÿ˜˜ P.S Englis is not my native language so forgive me for the mistakes. ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป
  • mdarr786
    mdarr786 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've recently started interacting with a few people here. It definitely helps, so add people and help/inspire one another.
  • dblair27
    dblair27 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'll send out a few requests myself, but anyone can feel free to add me. I successfully lost 28lb here and put it all back on when I left--so here I am again! Friends definitely do help. It's really motivating to have people who are following what you are doing!
  • seanlovegrove
    seanlovegrove Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey, Iโ€™m down to make some friends too so feel free to send FRs my way. And OP you look great!
  • Nikki_Lee12
    Nikki_Lee12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I would love to encourage you on your journey! I post on my timeline a lot and always try to respond to others posts.
    Feel free to add me :)
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    Hi, Im new here and still figure it out how this thing works ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I recomend for you too stay strong and don't pay attention to what other people think you stick to your diet and don't give up. Wish you the best luck girl ๐Ÿ˜˜ P.S Englis is not my native language so forgive me for the mistakes. ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

WELCOME! I think your advice is really good.
  • cdlee05mfp
    cdlee05mfp Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    In reading your Inspirations in your profile just want to tell you...you're already pretty
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    In reading your Inspirations in your profile just want to tell you...you're already pretty

Thank you, I hope to feel that way soon. Though it's always nice to hear!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I have been using this site since 2013. I initially lost 3 Stone. Maintained for 2 years. Then gave up smoking and put a lot back on but am now going down again. I love MFP it is the only thing that has helped me lose and maintain my loss. I was a serial yo yo and fad dieter.

This site is a wonderful tool if you use it properly
    1. Log every bite honestly. Use a good food scale to weigh your food don't guess.
    2. Stick to your calorie goal.
    3. Exercise regularly for health and fitness. Do both cardio and weights you will be amazed at the changes you can make to your shape.
    4. Don't let one bad day derail you. Just eat a little less the next day or do a bit more exercise.
    5. Have patience. Can't stress this enough. Most people give up because they think they are not losing weight fast enough. Weight loss is not linear. You may lose one week and not lose any another but it will go down over time if you stick with it.
    6. Read the forums, loads of great advice, tips, recipes and support out there.
    7. MOST IMPORTANTLY DON'T GIVE UP.

Just to add. I have not been able to excercise for the last year due to arthritis but have still lost 20 pounds. I have not starved myself, I have not cut out any foods, I still eat chocolate, ice cream and pizza I just fit it into my calorie goal.

Losing weight does not have to be a horrible experience.

Good luck to you all.
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    I have been using this site since 2013. I initially lost 3 Stone. Maintained for 2 years. Then gave up smoking and put a lot back on but am now going down again. I love MFP it is the only thing that has helped me lose and maintain my loss. I was a serial yo yo and fad dieter.

This site is a wonderful tool if you use it properly
    1. Log every bite honestly. Use a good food scale to weigh your food don't guess.
    2. Stick to your calorie goal.
    3. Exercise regularly for health and fitness. Do both cardio and weights you will be amazed at the changes you can make to your shape.
    4. Don't let one bad day derail you. Just eat a little less the next day or do a bit more exercise.
    5. Have patience. Can't stress this enough. Most people give up because they think they are not losing weight fast enough. Weight loss is not linear. You may lose one week and not lose any another but it will go down over time if you stick with it.
    6. Read the forums, loads of great advice, tips, recipes and support out there.
    7. MOST IMPORTANTLY DON'T GIVE UP.

Just to add. I have not been able to excercise for the last year due to arthritis but have still lost 20 pounds. I have not starved myself, I have not cut out any foods, I still eat chocolate, ice cream and pizza I just fit it into my calorie goal.

Losing weight does not have to be a horrible experience.

Good luck to you all.

THIS IS AMAZING. Thank you!
  • lhebert1969
    lhebert1969 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey..I'm trying to lose at least 75 or more lbs..feel free to add me too.. :smile:
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    On-line friendships are very different. I have found a few 'friends' and we support each other, comment regularly on each others post rather than just click like. It is never the same as having real-life friends though it can sometimes be easier to talk to someone that you are unlikely to meet in RL.

I guess it has just felt lonely when I'm the only one I know on this path.

I often feel the same way, but from an older perspective. I'm over twice your age but am about the only one I know who really cares about eating right and taking care of my health. It's taken me awhile to get here, but it's been a bit of a solitary journey. MFP community HAS helped me stick with it, so don't give up if you haven't found the right group of friends on here.

I have a lot of "friends" on my newsfeed that I really don't connect with. Haven't taken the time to weed them out, but I know I should do that one of these days. What helped me the most of joining challenge groups that really focused on fitness, rather than just weight-loss. A couple of the ones that I've done that have been a lot of fun are Hogwarts (based on Harry Potter series, of course), Amazing Race, Game of Thrones and a few others. Look around under the Challenges thread and see what you can find.

In real life, you might consider joining a class like Zumba or yoga. There are all shapes and sizes of people in those classes. Once you go it won't seem so scary. After thinking about it for over 2 years I finally joined an aquasize (water aerobics) class at my local pool. I didn't want to put on a swimsuit and be seen in public. After I went the first time I was hooked and nobody is body beautiful - nobody. Those ladies, and a few gents, have become some of my best buddies!
  • Continue_My_Dear
    Options
    On-line friendships are very different. I have found a few 'friends' and we support each other, comment regularly on each others post rather than just click like. It is never the same as having real-life friends though it can sometimes be easier to talk to someone that you are unlikely to meet in RL.

I guess it has just felt lonely when I'm the only one I know on this path.

I often feel the same way, but from an older perspective. I'm over twice your age but am about the only one I know who really cares about eating right and taking care of my health. It's taken me awhile to get here, but it's been a bit of a solitary journey. MFP community HAS helped me stick with it, so don't give up if you haven't found the right group of friends on here.

I have a lot of "friends" on my newsfeed that I really don't connect with. Haven't taken the time to weed them out, but I know I should do that one of these days. What helped me the most of joining challenge groups that really focused on fitness, rather than just weight-loss. A couple of the ones that I've done that have been a lot of fun are Hogwarts (based on Harry Potter series, of course), Amazing Race, Game of Thrones and a few others. Look around under the Challenges thread and see what you can find.

In real life, you might consider joining a class like Zumba or yoga. There are all shapes and sizes of people in those classes. Once you go it won't seem so scary. After thinking about it for over 2 years I finally joined an aquasize (water aerobics) class at my local pool. I didn't want to put on a swimsuit and be seen in public. After I went the first time I was hooked and nobody is body beautiful - nobody. Those ladies, and a few gents, have become some of my best buddies!

It's awesome you brought this up! I am so fortunate to be in the Harry Potter challenge. It has been amazing!