4th of July

Options
2»

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    We haven't planned a dang thing. My husband is suffering from a nasty back spasm and sciatica pain and my daughter is autistic and put off by the noise from fireworks. Sooooo, we'll spend a quiet day at home, I'll do some lifting, spend a bit of time in our pool, play some Star Wars online, and see what we're in the mood for when supper time comes around.

We're just full of excitement here.

Hope everyone has a fun and safe day!
  • Doradarling
    Doradarling Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Still figuring out a game plan... thanks for posting! I am low carbing and we are hosting some family. I love to cook and have planned a menu for holiday lunch: Ribs, parmesan potatoes, corn on the cob, fresh squeezed lemonade, chips and cheddar dip.

I need a plan! I think 2 ribs and a spoonful of cheddar dip is perfect to stay in my calories and carb goal. Maybe will add some fresh cut veggies to the menu. 😊

Husband is taking kids and visiting family to baseball game in the evening so they will eat dinner there. I will stay home to put baby to bed and relax with some wonderful alone time! The goal is to not break down and eat the whole house when nobody is looking!
  • Wila6468
    Wila6468 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I plan to eat sensibly and later on watch fireworks with my hubby. :)
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    JBergman13 wrote: »
    What are you doing for the 4th of July and what is your plan to stay on track?

BBQing and not planning on staying on track. Like @WinoGelato said, it's a one-off. :|:p

Oh, and I'll be eating this ice cream cake!

wew1gzkw4vtu.jpg

OMG, what wonder is this? Do tell... :p

https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/biscoff-toffee-ice-cream-cake/

Thank you! This looks SO delicious! 😀
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm not really cooking unusual amounts of food. I am making a pie though.
    For lunch I am grilling hot dogs and will maybe have a salad with it. Dinner is going to be a slow cooker pork roast, corn and baked beans.
    I'm up early and walking for probably an hour.
    We plan to watch a movie at home tonight.
  • Missyify
    Missyify Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We are going to an amusement park. Sure, there will be lots of tempting food, but it’ll be too expensive and we’ll be too busy riding on the rides lol.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    Missyify wrote: »
    We are going to an amusement park. Sure, there will be lots of tempting food, but it’ll be too expensive and we’ll be too busy riding on the rides lol.

I used to live about three miles from Busch Gardens in Williamsburg. I loved having a pass and being able to pop over, ride a few, and head home. I'm only an hour away from it now and 30 minutes from Kings Dominion, but it's not the same. When you live there, the lines don't matter because you can do it anytime and you don't pay for food because you're so close to home. It's cheap fun.

Hope you have a wonderful time!
  • lantana411
    lantana411 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Some people think that dieting has a beginning, cheat periods, and an end. I am a compulsive overeater. I think that abstaining from trigger foods and not-my-foods is a way of life. Forever. No 'cheat' periods - because for me that has and can still trigger a year or two of eating foods that are toxic to me. And cause weight gain.

Today I got up and prepped my breakfast and lunch like I always do. I enjoyed every bite of my breakfast and lunch. And I celebrated my independence from compulsive overeating and continued weight loss by treating myself - to an online shopping spree that yielded six tops! We'll go swimming in a bit and then later I'll prepare our healthy, delicious dinner. I feel free from the pressure to 'celebrate' in an unhealthy way and thrilled to await my new clothes! THIS is living!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Visiting family in the country. Unfortunately my blood glucose doesn't know what day it is, so I have to behave myself. I try to stay on top of it by getting extra exercise - ran a 5k yesterday and lifted this morning - and will have to do some squats later probably, since our family's traditional foods are very carb-heavy even in small portions. I plan to have iced tea, a piece of fried chicken, some slaw I'm bringing which doesn't have sugar in it, and a couple of cucumber sandwiches on very thin bread, followed by watermelon, which will put me at 51g for the meal which is about my max. Skipping baked beans, corn on the cob, BBQ ribs, and cornbread. If I ate the way I used to I could easily have three hundred grams of carbs at this meal, which would put me in the hospital!

Later we are planning to go see the municipal fireworks.
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I guess I could consider yesterday a NSV! I really just expected I'd eat extra and was okay with it, but in the end I found myself pretty content with sampling a few things that appealed. What's interesting is what appealed and what didn't...I passed up donuts, desserts, potato chips and dips and more without any interest. In the past I'd have been wrestling all afternoon with myself to avoid the temptation, and now the temptation is absent. Nice feeling!