Motivation buddies? 3rd Restart

Options
I'm on my third restart, and need some motivation after life went off the rails and medicine-related weight gain. I'm thinking "what's the point?"

But wait! Can it be I'm not the only person who needs motivation on a restart!

Who wants to be a motivation buddy? Where we all cheer on our fellow restarters and hold each other accountable? 😁

Replies

• Ellieestforte
    Ellieestforte Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me!🙋🏼‍♀️
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Maybe you won't need any more restarts or so much support if you decide you're only accountable to yourself?
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,470 Member
    Options
    Start a food diary and never stop. It’s a thing to do, proactive. A lot of folks make the numbers the center of everything. They go over their numbers and quit tracking. Make the process more important than the numbers.

From now on, track everything, good, bad or ugly. You may not always like it, but do it. You will never have to restart again.

BTW, I’ve lost 100+ lbs and it’s been gone for years. My only significant gains, about 20lbs, were meds related. Looking back, it was a hiccup.
  • Athena1007
    Athena1007 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    In the past I have logged things religiously, it is a habit that I got out of when life got very hectic. I also lost a little faith when I hit a plateau and no matter how strictly I logged, I couldn't get any more weight off. Honestly, I gave up.

Now I know I want to restart again, however, I'm doing something different this time in asking if others want motivation buddies. I have heard those who work to stay healthy with others are more successful - so this is my try at that.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Hi I've sent you a friends request message me anytime you need to
  • SavageBlonde73
    SavageBlonde73 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Added you as a friend :) Also a restart for me ;)
  • amandafurniss23
    amandafurniss23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Also restarting! I definitely feel defeated when I give up, but as long as I keep reminding myself of how good it will feel to reach my goals I stay on track! Lost 3 lbs so far this time and I'm not stopping any time soon 😁