New to MFP - ready to share & shed lbs

Options
Hi I just joined tonight and can't wait to see some results. I'm in my mid 30's and it's been a battle to lose weight. Looking to lose 20 lbs. I go to the gym once a week but looking to amp up my routine, watch those calories and see results. :-) I've been on WW before but wanted to try something new...Looking for active friends.

Replies

• DeHaase
    DeHaase Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me as a friend and good luck with your goal. I am loving this site and the support from the friends I have on here.
  • sting9902
    sting9902 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i think this site is abosolutly awesome lost 4 pds soo far crosses fingers welcome to mfp
  • muddybuddy2011
    Options
    HI!!!! I just joined today too. I'm 33, as of yesterday and I want to lose 15lbs. My husband and I are starting tomorrow morning to train for Muddy Buddies and I'm super stoked! I am definitely out of shape! 2 years ago I was going to the gym 5 days a week and counting calories, I lost the weight I wanted then went back to school for my masters degree....I gained back 15 of the 30 I lost and quit going to the gym. I've been lazy and my attitude and body reflect the lack of motivation. Its time to refocus as I go into my final year of school and not gain all the weight back.
  • muddybuddy2011
    Options
    HI!!!! I just joined today 8/14. I'm 33, as of yesterday and I want to lose 15lbs. My husband and I are starting tomorrow evening to train for Muddy Buddies and I'm super stoked! I am definitely out of shape! 2 years ago I was going to the gym 5 days a week and counting calories, I lost the weight I wanted then went back to school for my masters degree.... With two daughters, working fulltime, and attending classes at night I gained back 15 of the 30 I lost and quit going to the gym. I've been lazy and my attitude and body reflect the lack of motivation. Its time to refocus as I go into my final year of school and not gain all the weight back. I need a team of supporters to encourage and rally around me to keep me accountable and focused. I cant wait to start this new journey!!!
  • skinnygirlswearprada
    Options
    Hi ! I'll look for you and add you as a friend. Good luck and let's get started!!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I love MFP. This has been quite the journey. Glad you found us.
  • drolla
    drolla Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi, I joined today! I gave up smoking a couple of months ago and have put on 9lbs so far, this may not seem a lot but i'm finding it so difficult to shift - and stay off the ciggies!! it seems my metabolic rate has slowed to a snails pace and no matter how hard i exercise it just wont budge... hence joining this site, i'm certain the calorie counter will be invaluable and really help me see i'm eating more than i should be!! any help, tips and advice will be greatly appreciated! :smile: