Keto friends

Options
Been doing Keto for about 3 weeks, looking for friends to chit chat with and keep me on track! It's been a little rough not knowing anyone else doing it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• geiamarie
    geiamarie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am starting keto tomorrow! Technically, it’s already tomorrow LOL! I am paring Keto with intermittent fasting. I am going to attempt to have only two meals a day. It has been three weeks for you, how are you coming along? How much weight have you lost? Are you working out at all?
  • lishaagnew
    lishaagnew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I started Keto about 3 days ago. My stick is already changing colors, it was a nice motivator. I drink Smart Water so I haven't really noticed any symptoms of anything yet, beside the stick changing colors. I plan to work out, I am getting over a foot injury. Hope you guys are having great progress!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    come join the party:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

this is a group dedicated to low-carb/keto and is kept friendly and helpful!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto yesterday.
  • lauradlk
    lauradlk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I startedonday today's is my 4th day and I'm loving it so far
  • haalastar846
    haalastar846 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've been attempting to do keto for a few months now. It's really hard to do with kids! I know a lot of people say keto is kid friendly but my pediatrician flat out told me no. So every meal is a struggle. Lol
  • Lbuffo
    Lbuffo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been attempting to do keto for a few months now. It's really hard to do with kids! I know a lot of people say keto is kid friendly but my pediatrician flat out told me no. So every meal is a struggle. Lol

Why did the pediatrician tell you no. Keto is great for kids, my son has been for 7 years, he has autism and is a completely different kid now.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 10 days in and 10lbs down! I'm finally getting over the energy slump and feeling really good. I haven't been peeing on sticks or anything to make sure I'm in ketosis but I'm trying to keep to 20 carbs, so pretty sure I'm there. Its not as hard as I thought, but you definitely have to been in the right mind set to make it happen.
    PS. Made the best chicken drum sticks!! lowcarbyum.com/crispy-oven-baked-chicken-legs/

So good
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options

If you have Netflix you should watch "The Magic Pill". It is a real eye opener.
  • Misty_1375
    Options
    Keto here for over 7 months. I can say it is now a lifestyle for me. I don't consider this a diet, this is my new life.
  • ktgonka
    ktgonka Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    Keto here for over 7 months. I can say it is now a lifestyle for me. I don't consider this a diet, this is my new life.
    I’m about 5 weeks into the Keto diet and have hit an annoying stall for the last two weeks....did you experience this at any point!?
  • brendamelius13
    brendamelius13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am new to MFP and have been working my way to a stricter Keto for about 6 weeks. I am down 8 pounds so far and enjoying cooking new recipes.
  • kevinchand75
    kevinchand75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started on Keto on the 23rd of February and have lost 13kgs so far. Been on a plateau for a few weeks now trying to break past the 115kg mark but finding it very hard.
  • lauradlk
    lauradlk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Very new to keto and I'm still trying to learn what I can eat.
    If the ingredients list sugar alcohol can I eat it ?
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I'm a full week in and dropped 7 pounds in a week. Small keto flu symptoms but nothing major. I think its more related with my body getting accustom the my new blood sugar levels. Now averaging a 90 instead of 125. I've found cooking keto meals and staying within 20 net carbs to be super easy. I've stuck to my Yoga but stopped doing Crossfit as my body adjust. The energy has been middle of the road. Sometimes I can run through a wall other times I want to sleep.
  • Misty_1375
    Options
    ktgonka wrote: »
    Misty_1375 wrote: »
    I’m about 5 weeks into the Keto diet and have hit an annoying stall for the last two weeks....did you experience this at any point!?

It’s normal to hit a stall. I did. Lasted for a couple weeks. Just push on. Ensure to get in your water and make sure to keep your electrolytes balanced and make sure to get your protein in daily. Also make sure there hasn’t been some sugar snuck in on something you’ve eaten. There’s tons of annoying littlest names for sugar.
  • mariketo
    mariketo Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi everyone! Today marks 2 weeks on Keto. I am doing this as a lifestyle change because diabetes runs in my family. I had gestational diabetes and most gut wrenching my dad died from it. The hardest thing for me is drinking water and I know that’s what is causing my fatigue. Ugh! Nice to cyber meet all of y’all. -Mari, Houston TX
  • haalastar846
    haalastar846 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Lbuffo wrote: »

Why did the pediatrician tell you no. Keto is great for kids, my son has been for 7 years, he has autism and is a completely different kid now.

My pediatrician told me because they have very high metabolisms and have a little trouble gaining weight bas they grow that they need the carbs to help with gaining the weight.
  • crackieQueen
    crackieQueen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What’s keto?? Really trying to loose weight (:
  • fairyphaze
    fairyphaze Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    mariketo wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Today marks 2 weeks on Keto. I am doing this as a lifestyle change because diabetes runs in my family. I had gestational diabetes and most gut wrenching my dad died from it. The hardest thing for me is drinking water and I know that’s what is causing my fatigue. Ugh! Nice to cyber meet all of y’all. -Mari, Houston TX

I found it’s super easy to get my water (and electrolytes) in by drinking sparkling water n adding a squirt of Mio water enhancer w electrolytes. Hope this helps!