Fat and Lonely!

Options
13»

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    On-line friendships are very different. I have found a few 'friends' and we support each other, comment regularly on each others post rather than just click like. It is never the same as having real-life friends though it can sometimes be easier to talk to someone that you are unlikely to meet in RL.

I guess it has just felt lonely when I'm the only one I know on this path.

I often feel the same way, but from an older perspective. I'm over twice your age but am about the only one I know who really cares about eating right and taking care of my health. It's taken me awhile to get here, but it's been a bit of a solitary journey. MFP community HAS helped me stick with it, so don't give up if you haven't found the right group of friends on here.

I have a lot of "friends" on my newsfeed that I really don't connect with. Haven't taken the time to weed them out, but I know I should do that one of these days. What helped me the most of joining challenge groups that really focused on fitness, rather than just weight-loss. A couple of the ones that I've done that have been a lot of fun are Hogwarts (based on Harry Potter series, of course), Amazing Race, Game of Thrones and a few others. Look around under the Challenges thread and see what you can find.

In real life, you might consider joining a class like Zumba or yoga. There are all shapes and sizes of people in those classes. Once you go it won't seem so scary. After thinking about it for over 2 years I finally joined an aquasize (water aerobics) class at my local pool. I didn't want to put on a swimsuit and be seen in public. After I went the first time I was hooked and nobody is body beautiful - nobody. Those ladies, and a few gents, have become some of my best buddies!

It's awesome you brought this up! I am so fortunate to be in the Harry Potter challenge. It has been amazing!

Very cool! That one is super fun. I've been in that challenge a lot, but have sat out the last couple terms due to other time commitments. I miss it though, so will probably come back in the fall.
  • prtvera
    prtvera Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on in quite awhile. Ready to get back on and try again. For health reason, I really need to loose the weight. Hopefully this time I am more motivated. Need to loose about 64lbs at least to help my sleep apnea.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It's a good wowsa. You will be impressed with your own gain in confidence when you 1. think of what you want to say and 2. say it.
  • sdm_edm
    sdm_edm Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Currently have over 200 to lose. Would love to connect with you all for the long journey ahead, so no one has to feel lonely!