Keto - too few calories? Triggers MFP warning

Options
hiryuu
hiryuu Posts: 3 Member
So weird thing happened today...I only ate about 700 calories. Normally I force myself to get about 1000, but on keto for me it's hard some days. Days like today. 65g of fat, 50g of protein, 14g of carbs, and I'm done, like I'm super full. I've had all my multivitamins and supplements today, and I'm just full. But MFP is triggering a warning that I'm being dangerous. Has anyone else gotten this before? Do you just pass it off or do you push yourself to eat 1000cals at least? I feel a little weird.

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    It's ok to eat 700 calories one day if you're not hungry - and perfectly normal eating low carb - but you need to make sure on the days you are hungrier you eat more to balance out the low days. Also pay attention to other signs you're not eating enough beside hunger as well. Things like being unreasonably cold, carb cravings or feeling lethargic are all common signs of under eating.

If this isn't just a one off thing averaging out your calories for the week to make sure they're at a reasonable level is a good idea. Best wishes.
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,995 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for closing this topic.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.

d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

With respect,
    Nova
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.