Prepping for a music video, macros?

Options
Hey everyone! So I am going to be featured in a country artist’s music video. Most of it will be shot in a bikini. I’m happy where I’m at rn but I wouldn’t mind losing a bit of fluff. (Just want to be a little tighter lol) So we shoot in about 3 weeks and I was wandering if anyone had any suggestions for macros and calories. Btw I am 5”5 127lbs and I weight train 5-6 days a week with minimal cardio

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    What do you maintain on? When I started my last bulk I was your exact size and maintained on 2400 cals, so I could cut easily at 2000. Take your maintenance, cut about 300 cals, and make sure you're eating around 120g protein.
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    HayleeRenaeFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awe wow that’s nice!! And I’m not too sure what maintenance is but I’m assuming like 1800? Just starting to track now... thank you!
  • Simpyll
    Simpyll Posts: 25 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Kinda last minute here. Probably not going to be able to know precisely how much your maintenance is in 3 weeks if you have never tracked before.

The main thing is high protein intake. Especially if your cutting. As mentioned above I'd recommend something like 125ish grams per day.

Allot 20-25% to fat (just for these few weeks and then go back up) and the rest to carbs.

Good luck!
  • Simpyll
    Simpyll Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Did Casting ASK you to be a little tighter? If they didn't request it of you specifically, DO NOT LOSE AN INCH.

Great point.

#endthread
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    Simpyll wrote: »
    Kinda last minute here. Probably not going to be able to know precisely how much your maintenance is in 3 weeks if you have never tracked before.

The main thing is high protein intake. Especially if your cutting. As mentioned above I'd recommend something like 125ish grams per day.

Allot 20-25% to fat (just for these few weeks and then go back up) and the rest to carbs.

Good luck!

Thank you sm! Helps a lot
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    777Gemma888 they didn’t specifically request it but they told the lead roles and I “you will be in suits so start preparing”
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    Ah thank you so much for all of your insight, super helpful!! :)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ah thank you so much for all of your insight, super helpful!! :)

You're welcome. Remember to get some sleep before shoot day.. Wake up early enough too, so you're not arriving at the shoot with morning face.

Let us know after the shoot when the music video will be debuting, so we may vote for it on CMT minimum. There are quite a number of Country music fans on MFP. 🎙️🎶
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    Thank you, and for sure!!!!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    So, that is what people were talking about in the other post.....

So, using TDEE (a bit different from the way MFP does things) I get the following (based on 23yo female 5'5" @ 127lbs - I guessed your age):

Basal Metabolic Rate 1,332 calories per day
    Sedentary 1,598 calories per day
    Light Exercise 1,831 calories per day
    Moderate Exercise 2,065 calories per day
    Heavy Exercise 2,298 calories per day
    Athlete 2,531 calories per day

Does this help? Or add confusion?

And, I am here in Winston-Salem, NC and listen to the Bobby Bones Show in the morning....huge Country Music fan. Enjoy! I am sure that you will kill it!
  • HayleeRenaeFit
    Options
    Ahhh thank you so much this helps a TON!!!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    Depends.

How’s your Vogue?
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Ahhh thank you so much this helps a TON!!!

You are most welcome. Glad to help!