Mom trying to lose weight.

Options
I'm having a really hard time trying to find time to go to the gym. It's about to really make me lose my motivation. My daughter requires constant supervision, she is only 4 but she is also super hyperactive and is more than a handful to put it nicely. I go to anytime fitness I know I can go any hour of the day but to carve out that time it's so difficult...how do the other moms out there handle this? Thanks :)

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I picked the gym I did for the childcare hours. I'm a single mom to 3 young kids and if it wasn't for the gym (and childcare there) I don't think I'd do more than walk around the neighborhood with my kids. For me, going to the gym is my stress relief and "alone" time. It is as much a mental pick-me-up as it is a physical one. Hope you can find a solution that works for you and your family.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Are you a single mom? If you have a partner then relying on them a bit is helpful. I get up at 4:45-5 a.m and run while the rest of the house sleeps. By the time I'm back my husband gets in the shower and we start the day.
  • premiumhoney
    premiumhoney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same here I have to get up at 5am for the gym... if you really want to lose the weight you have to find the time momma... I’m a new mom & 5am is the ONLY time I have to spare for the gym. You can do it !
  • april111213
    april111213 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks you ladies!!
  • lilgreenkitty
    lilgreenkitty Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You don't need a gym to get a good workout! The only equipment I have is a pair of 5lb dumbells, a 35lb dumbell, and a pair of 2.5lb ankle weights, and a small living room. Be creative with your workouts, there are a lot of youtube videos on home routines. I spread my workout over about 3 hours in the morning. I do stretches and yoga after waking up, weights while my boys eat breakfast, and cardio/ aerobics while they play. I often also do ab work sets while cooking dinner. Get the pot of water heating, run the the living room and do 50 situps, put the pasta in, another 50 reps while it cooks, etc. I also dance all over the house constantly, especially when cleaning. All of this is usually within visual range of my kids, I have a 6yr old with autism and a 4yr old rocket scientist. I know the struggle is real, but you can so do this. Nothing is harder than being a mom and you're already doing that so you can do this! And there are so many bonuses to working out in front of your kids. Perfect opportunity to teach about the human body! Both my boys try to lift my dumbells and say they're getting strong lol