Don't get me wrong.. my arms are FAT

Options
I have fat that just kind of hangs off.. "bat wings" of a fluffier sort. But I was flexing them the other day (something I have taken to doing since I started lifting weights and working out) I notice a strange curve near my elbow. I have lost weight and have been slimming down.. but what is that? Why.. it's a slight curve of visible muscle! Holy moly.. I have muscle under there?!?! Now my husband started a week after me in weight lifting and his arms are looking goooooooood (yum yum) but I'm very happy to see some progress on my end too :)

Replies

• jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome feeling! Congratulations!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Muscles are cool. Well done!
  • lucythe
    lucythe Posts: 33
    Options
    Awesome! That's a great feeling isn't it? I remember when I first saw that I had a wrist bone, I was giddy with excitement - well maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I sure was happy!
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV - congrats!!!
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Aww, that is great!! It shows your accomplishments. I find myself flexing my legs and smiling when I see muscle definition. :blush:: congratulations and keep it up.
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    good for you!!!!!!! what an amazing feeling!! :happy: It is great to attack it from both anges! weight lifting for muscle growth and cardio to shed the outer layer so we can see our hard work!!

The other day my hubby told me my arms and shoulder muscles were distracting!!!! I LOVE to be a distraction!! :wink:

Kep up the good work!!
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I am feeling my arms changing, but not seeing it yet. Good for you!! :)
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Careful, you are going to find yourself flexing in the mirror all the time now.:laugh: