I'M BACK AGAIN

Options
Hi, my name is Jean and I don't know how many times I have tried to lose weight. I have over 50 pounds to use but right now I would like to just get below 200, I am at 225 right now. Anyway, I could use help and support. I may be too old, I am 64, but REALLY could use some help.

Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. Good luck on your journey.

Replies

• sharonedix
    sharonedix Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Jean one is never to old to change . Here is my thoughts instead of focusing on lossing weight find your why. I was to thin but weight gain was not my why..Needing an encouraging word just let me know . I am very sure you can and will do this ..add me if you wish
  • VikkiStst
    VikkiStst Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jean. Sounds like our weight loss goals are very similar. At 55 I to have tried losing weight many times. Which is a plus because I learnt what doesn’t work for me. WW, calorie counting .. One size doesn’t fit all 😊June 29, 2017 was my lightbulb moment. Just back from celebrating my youngest 21 and grandchildren’s 9 birthday and it hit me ‘I was a member of the elder generation at that table. I hadn’t accomplished activities I dreamed of doing and I wouldn’t if I continued the way I was going’ For the next 3 months I focused on losing weight with the intention of maintaining the loss for 9 months. What worked for me was eating low carb. ⬇️ 19kg (41.8 lb) in 3 months. Felt amazing, down 2 dress sizes, more energy, positive feedback from those around me plus because I had reached one of my goals of getting under 100kgs (220lb) I did a tandem skydive... I felt so alive in that moment. What wasn’t so successful was keeping ALL the weight off. But I’m okay with that because I didn’t out grow my new clothes and I’m ready for round 2 with more insight and confidence. Happy to be there for you if you like 👍 regards Vicki