Options
2»

Replies

• purplerose22603
    purplerose22603 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    What’s keto?? Really trying to loose weight (:

Keto is the ketogentic diet. It is a high healthy fat, moderate protein, and low carbs. It is a lifestyle change not really a diet. It starts changing your body way of burning fuel from carbs to fat. There is tons of information on the internet and Facebook groups. Please whatever you do, don't pay for meal plans or supplements that aren't necessary. It will take a while and information can be confusing at times due to the large amount out there. Please feel free to friend me on here or Facebook at Erica Eppler Miller. I have been doing this for 4 months with wonderful results.
    37dntwvu5sx0.jpg
    dwnuqvrahihn.jpg
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    What’s keto?? Really trying to loose weight (:

Keto is something you really need to research before doing. In all honesty it shouldn’t be considered a “diet” but a lifestyle change. There is a lot of planning/cooking that goes along with this way of eating. Lots of prep work. This way of eating isn’t something you rush into.
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hello, just starting this keto diet.. trying my best to lean as i go.. so far i find the food choices pretty good.
  • Latucker21
    Latucker21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've been on Keto since January - down 47 lbs. The scale has stalled a little lately, but I admit I've gone over carbs and slightly over calories a few times. Nothing too bad - still losing inches and finding the occasional "new" piece of clothing in my closet. And seriously feeling overall amazing! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Stephiesjourney
    Stephiesjourney Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ill send you a request. Ive been doing it about 3 werks. Learning, trial and error.
  • Matdubya
    Matdubya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto along with Intermitten Fasting and exercise for about a week now. Down 14lbs so far; so seeing good results. Wasn't too bad after the first 4 days. Now I am hardly hungry ever, I've heard of people doing fasts for several days and pretty much dismissed that as not possible. now its not too far away.
  • kelleyhelm1
    kelleyhelm1 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i have been thinking of starting keto. i seriously crave carbs ALL THE TIME but am trying to move away from them and find alternatives. i found cabbage works really well.

i see a few people talking about meters or testing. Does that help or does it get in the way like weighing yourself daily? are there specific meters for this diet?
    how is working out on this diet? does it change anything?
    any and all advice is welcome.
  • MotherTruckerKeto
    MotherTruckerKeto Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you have Netflix you should watch "The Magic Pill". It is a real eye opener.

Great documentary, it caused me to change.