Haboob

Options
george5911
george5911 Posts: 3,910 Member
Earlier today my friend @CurvyGirl418 inadvertently introduced me to a new word. Below you'll find the real definition. I want to use this word, it's cute. I don't have any real haboob in my life so I have to make it mean something else. Urban dictionary was disapointing. Please give me suggestions. Doesn't have to be, but kid friendly suggestions are welcome.

ha·boob
həˈbo͞ob/Submit
noun
a violent and oppressive wind blowing in summer, especially in Sudan, bringing sand from the desert

Replies

• george5911
    Options
    Yes, I have boobs. I mean I “haboobs”.

Thought of that, but I want to use this word. I don't have any boobs on me, or within reach so sadly that's as useful as a strong wind.
  • george5911
    Options
    was expecting boobs, disappointed

Aren't we all. I think there's going to be a lot of that.
  • BrSpiritus
    BrSpiritus Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if a haboob was one that failed the pencil test...
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have boobs. I mean I “haboobs”.

This is cute :smiley:
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    HABOOB you do?
    Im haboobing. You?

* ex: if you are super haboob...you are like living large/super happy...cause (boobs are life and makes everything better ) and its a way to measure/explain...success, happiness, and awesomeness.

• mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Haboob- adj. Accomplishing a task. A way in which you crush a task.

How did you do on that test? I haboobed that test!!

Ugh i didnt want to workout but i haboobed that *kitten*.
  • george5911
    Options

This has potential
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    george5911 wrote: »

This has potential

Its still using the strong wind violent storm idea... i came in like a haboob and crushed that test. You are just taking the metaphor/similie iut of it and using it directly.

Lol...my teacher brain is on slight vacation mode.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I can shake my Haboobies properly to my favorite Hababy Habibi song. I do know this for sure. https://youtu.be/TvO2I9RPKmg
  • LIBOR_cat
    LIBOR_cat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have ha’moobs
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    life in Phoenix

describe_ru_2013020709532428.jpg
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Earlier today my friend @CurvyGirl418 inadvertently introduced me to a new word. Below you'll find the real definition. I want to use this word, it's cute. I don't have any real haboob in my life so I have to make it mean something else. Urban dictionary was disapointing. Please give me suggestions. Doesn't have to be, but kid friendly suggestions are welcome.

ha·boob
    həˈbo͞ob/Submit
    noun
    a violent and oppressive wind blowing in summer, especially in Sudan, bringing sand from the desert

We actually had an haboob in Phoenix yesterday
  • george5911
    Options

ha·boob
    həˈbo͞ob/Submit
    noun

We actually had an haboob in Phoenix yesterday

That's what led me to this actually. Poor girl got of a plane and was greeted by one. I'd never heard of it before. Always just a sand storm to me.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    The only thing that comes to mind is big data... like an alternative to Hadoop. Creative huh?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Wellll... when my husband and I were dating he started calling me Boobah. It may have had something to do with that weird show, I'm not really sure. He still calls me Boobah, but more often it's Boob. Sometimes Booben. LMAO, it's not as weird as it sounds, I swear.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    To me it sounds like Hoopla, like making a big deal out of something. I don't understand what all the haboob is about
  • george5911
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    To me it sounds like Hoopla, like making a big deal out of something. I don't understand what all the haboob is about

Haboob / hubbub ok ok