I forgot my lunch today at work.

Options
tyismc
tyismc Posts: 75 Member
Any have any healthy lunch ideas they can pass over my way? I am at work so unfortunately I have to pick up lunch.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like that fits your calories
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Are you near a Middle Eastern place? Shakshuka (poached eggs in chunky tomato sauce) are usually pretty safe.
  • tyismc
    Options
    Are you near a Middle Eastern place? Shakshuka (poached eggs in chunky tomato sauce) are usually pretty safe.

I can check. That sounds good.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What about Chick-fil-A? Grilled chicken sandwich with chicken noodle soup or fruit instead of fries. Or just a large chicken noodle soup because man I'm obsessed with theirs.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I keep emergency rations in my desk! Tuna packets, crackers, nuts, etc. I’m a danger to myself when I forget my lunch.
  • HealthyTardis
    HealthyTardis Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd get a McDonald's grilled chicken sandwich, no fries, or sub them for a side salad with their low fat basalmic.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    If I forget my breakfast and lunch I ignore calorie counting for that day. There's only a small shop near my work selling snacks and a cafe/restaurant that serves rubbish food and is far too expensive. Given the limited choice at the shop I might get a sausage roll and a muffin. And an apple or banana. That might give enough energy on a tight financial budget to get through the day and get some work done.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I know it’s too late, but my go-to in ANY situation where I need quick food on the go is the Subway Veggie Delite (zero condiments) on whole grain flat bread with 2 packets of pre sliced apples.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I don't have any place to pick up lunch except a tiny gas station. I can get by with beef jerky or couple of tuna packets with condiments next to the brats/hotdogs roller. A small carton of cottage cheese.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    JLG1986 wrote: »
    I keep emergency rations in my desk! Tuna packets, crackers, nuts, etc. I’m a danger to myself when I forget my lunch.

Similar - I keep a frozen meal in freezer of staff room for such occasions. If I'm still hungry I add a couple of biscuits ( cookies) which my employer provides a jar of them for all of us.

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    6" subway veggie delite on wheat, no cheese with red wine vinegar, or Dairy Queen grilled chicken no mayo and I throw the top half of the bun away, sometimes the whole bun.
    Most of the gas stations have convenience stores with a lot of choices. Raw veggie packs, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, salads. I always keep a bottle of low cal dressing in the fridge at work.
  • tyismc
    Options

Similar - I keep a frozen meal in freezer of staff room for such occasions. If I'm still hungry I add a couple of biscuits ( cookies) which my employer provides a jar of them for all of us.

That is what I need to start doing; keeping emergency rations in my desk.