Ugh, the weekend kicked my butt....on the scale.

Options
I have been working so hard to drop pounds, and although we head out for the weekend, I still try to stay on target. Must have done enough things wrong to put on 3 LBS!! UGH!! I just feel mad, deflated and why does it jump on so quickly yet comes off so slowly! I guess i was pretty surprised to see the scale this morning. Okay, pitty party over. Still cranky.....

Replies

• TxAngel79
    TxAngel79 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I feel you! I woke up this morning saying to myself "Back on track starting now"
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    It is probably just water weight but I hear ya it did the same thing to me! I thought I was fine and before you know it 2lbs. I also feel it comes off sooooo slowly! Your not alone :(
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Each pound of fat takes 3500 calories. So if you did not eat 10,000+ calories ABOVE your maintenance (I'm guessing at least 1700 a day) over the weekend, don't worry, you did not gain 3 pounds of fat.

I'm guessing it's sodium related water weight, especially if you ate out.
  • 0SimplymeStacyLea0
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Gained 3 lbs myself!!! I'm really trying hard not to get discouraged. And yes you're right. It takes so long to come off but can jump back on in a matter of days. I feel your pain, but I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing. Good luck!
  • lizzy1106
    Options
    I had the exact same issue with the scale this morning! Guess I had a little too much fun this weekend. :) Here we go again!
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I dont think you actually put on 3 lbs. To put on 3 lbs you would have had to eaten 10,500 calories over your maintenance totals. That would be an awful lot of food and drink. What has probably happened is that you had high sodium foods and retained water. Go back to your regular routine and drink lots of water and you'll see that fall right off.
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I had a few outings last friday and saturday night that included alcohol and pizza. Even though I stayed within 100 calories of my daily goal, I had an extra 2 lbs on me Sunday morning. I drank a lot of water and worked out ... this morning I woke up and not only had I lost the 2 lbs, I was down another 1/2 lb towards my goal.

Remember: It takes over 3000 calories to add a pound of fat ... but it only takes a small amount of sodium to hold water.

Unless you completely gorged on a few Tripple cheeseburgers with bacon ... I'm guessing it is all water weight and will come right off.

Do Not Dispair! Keep working towards your goal .. fluctuations are normal in real life .. it is the downward trend that counts, and most important, the overall changes in your lifestyle that leads to a leaner meaner healthier you!

Cindy
  • AllisonS79
    AllisonS79 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're all in the same boat! This happens to me all too often on weekends. It really is the salt and additives in the unhealthy foods we don't normally eat. Usually by Wednesday I'm back to my pre-weekend weight. My plan is to work out as much as possible and drink a lot of water. I wont weigh myself till Wednesday. You may try the same :)
  • Horseymama
    Horseymama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You all made me feel much better. I sure hope it is water weight, and I'll make sure to drink my water today and stay on track.
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    we all do it ... fall off that crazy food wagon ... start fresh with NO punishment!!

You've done it before .. YOU GOT THIS AGAIN :)
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    we all do it ... fall off that crazy food wagon ... start fresh with NO punishment!!

^ This - it's about progression, not perfection
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

^ This - it's about progression, not perfection

AGREED!!!