POSTPARTUM!! New Mom Shedding Baby Weight

Options
I recently gave birth to my daughter and I’m trying to get back to the weight I was before pregnancy. After birth, my weight seemed to “melt” off but I still have a few pounds to shed to reach my goal. I’d love some pointers or those who might be in a similar situation that would like mutual support. Thanks!!

Replies

• HS2234
    HS2234 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am just stepping into the same boat! I'm only 4 days PP right now but making sure I stick to an appropriate amount of calories to sustain nursing and my own health and hopefully get the weight off. My goal is to get back to 150lbs by Christmas. Currently around 190 and 5'8".

Feel free to add me :)
  • sarahlandor3
    sarahlandor3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I call myself pp but my daughter is now 13 months old. I’ve had lots of pt to do from after the painful pregnancy to get my body to a place where I can work out again. I gained 70lbs from pregnancy but I’m excited to be using this app again and to start gaining control of my body again. My goal is to get closer to my pre-pregnancy weight. It’s been almost two weeks on the app and it’s not too bad thus far.
  • DeanyMc
    DeanyMc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm in the same boat, I gained a whopping 81lbs with my son! goal is to get back to 118lbs. I gained pretty much the same with my first and lost it all plus more. Let's do this!
  • StudentNurse360
    StudentNurse360 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    3 months postpartum and still breastfeeding. Trying to lose 35lbs. 15lbs from pregnancy and 20lbs that I should have most prepregnancy lol! Lets do this ladies!
  • KatrinaHinton
    KatrinaHinton Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm almost 4 months pp, and trying to re-establish healthy habits. I'm breastfeeding and plan to continue to do so for a while, so cutting calories and whatnot isn't what I'm after, just trying to eat well and get back into working out. Whatever happens with my weight at this point is what happens lol.
    I gained 30ish lbs during pregnancy, and have 12 to go to get to my pre pregnancy weight.
  • deeblues13
    deeblues13 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Im not exacly postpartum my sons nearly 2 but im trying to loose 35lbs so feel free to add me ladies
  • kuppie12111
    kuppie12111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a nursing momma to my 14 month old. Trying to lose 50lbs! Having a hard time now since I broke my tibial plateau. Feel free to add me!
  • cdjordan4
    cdjordan4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 weeks post partum from a c-section. I have 5 pounds to go to be back to pre- pregnancy weight and would like to lose about 10 more pounds. I'd like to back to at least my pre-pregnancy weight before I go back to work in 6 weeks. I'm 40 and this is my 3rd (and final!) baby. Please feel free to add me as well! I just started using MFP this week.
  • justinewillcutyou
    justinewillcutyou Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I’m trying to lose baby weight too! My babies are only six and a half and one and a half :p I dealt with some health issues after my having my little one and no matter what I did, the weight wouldn’t come off. I’m feeling better and hoping I’ve made the right changes to get back in order. There’s lots of us mamas who are with you in solidarity, sister!
  • basic_bro
    basic_bro Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I gained 100lbs when my baby mama had our daughters 14 years ago. I’ve since lost 70lbs, but I can’t lose anymore since I’m addicted to apple strudels.
  • psucarrierae
    psucarrierae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mom of two who had very difficult pregnancies that left me disabled. Good news is I went from weighing 215 this time last year to 145 now. High fat, low carb was my go-to. And lots of positive self-talk. Feel free to add me! I still feel like I'm going towards a good healthy lifestyle and could still use support! Rock on mamas (and dads too)!
  • megcromer
    megcromer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HS2234 wrote: »
    I am just stepping into the same boat! I'm only 4 days PP right now but making sure I stick to an appropriate amount of calories to sustain nursing and my own health and hopefully get the weight off. My goal is to get back to 150lbs by Christmas. Currently around 190

Looks like we have the same goal. I am 5’9” and 190 lbs. goal is 160.