Extremely sweating

Options
All, can someone help me to understand why I sweat so much during workouts? And I will feel lightheaded if it is only a little intense. Thank you all in advance.

Replies

• Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Some people just naturally do sweat more than others. You should be able to get an extra-strength (or clinical strength) deodorant if it bothers you. In my country (NZ) they sell them at the supermarket, but you may be able to get something like this at the chemist or from your Dr?

Lightheadedness can be caused by many things... have you eaten before your workout? Had sufficient water while working out? Is your blood pressure a little on the low side (mine is, and I get light-headed sometimes). See if you can pinpoint when it happens during your workout and if anything helps.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    All, can someone help me to understand why I sweat so much during workouts? And I will feel lightheaded if it is only a little intense. Thank you all in advance.

Some people just sweat a lot

Light headedness sounds like too much too fast, or not eating/drinking enough pre workout.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Have you always been like this? Some conditions cause increased sweating. Other than that, it's genetic. I'm a human sprinkler, the lightest activity makes me sweat, especially in hot weather. I just accept it as part of my life. Are you eating enough? If your calories are low, if you've just started with low carb, if you're dehydrated you tend to feel lightheaded. There are other conditions that can contribute to lightheadedness like anemia, nutrient deficiency, POTS, low blood pressure (especially if the lightheadedness happens after exercise not during), and many other conditions. Try eating properly, drinking enough, and increasing your exercise intensity very gradually and slowly. If that doesn't fix it, look into physical issues.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I sweat at least 4 pounds off during a 30 minutes jog and I think it's normal, moisture wicking fabric help so you're not drenched. I'm only worried when I'm NOT sweating which means something is wrong.
  • RamboKitty87
    RamboKitty87 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel sweating wise, when I first started at the gym I was really self conscious how much I sweat, I am always red faced and sweating whilst exercising and in general also, it does get to me but when I shared how embarrassed I get by it to someone they told me its normal, everyone is different, fitness wise, sweat wise etc, you will get obese people that hardly sweat and you'll get thin people that sweat buckets and vise versa, its nothing to feel ashamed about plus the more water you drink the more you sweat, I'm sat here at the moment 8.30 am not long woke up and I'm drenched in sweat due to the weather lol not even exercised yet XD oh I invested in a microfiber towel which is my new best friend at the gym now hehe, unless you have a condition I would not worry too much about the sweating.. when it comes to being light headed it could be a number of things, iron levels, lack of water, lack of energy due to pushing yourself too much, lack of food, listen to your body x also I tried to do a fast on the Wednesday and Thursday I went gym and I just could not do as much as I usually do, I felt weak, shaky and light headed so I think lack of food the day before had a huge part in it for me sorry for the rambling on lol try and embrace the sweat, be proud, I use to take photos of myself post workout to show off my sweaty self, think of sweat like your post battle victory ^_^
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I would recommend seeing a doctor if you feel that your sweating is excessive. Not that I think there is necessarily a problem but there are a few conditions where hyperhidrosis is a symptom. Best to get it checked out.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I also sweat a lot during workouts. I just make sure to stay hydrated and replace salts I have lost (basically I have a Powerade zero).

You can also look at it as that's not sweat: that's fat crying because your getting rid of it. I know it's corny, but it helps me deal with how much I tend to soak my gym clothes.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Don't think of it as excessive sweating. Think of it as having an very efficient cooling system. :)