Burn-in Problems on AMOLED Screens

Options
mustacheU2Lift
mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
I have a Galaxy S8 that has bad burn-in issues on the screen. Has anyone had experience with this and what possible ways are there to fix it?

Replies

• mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    I have no idea what i just said. @Clever_User_Name did you just make me say something naughty :#
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    cause galaxy s8

cant fix. u need a replacement

That helps me none :'(:'( none

;)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what i just said. Clever_User_Name did you just make me say something naughty :#

Screen burn-in, not to be confused with the similar — though completely temporary — image retention (or image persistence), is a permanent display artifact created when static images remain on the display for extended periods of time. When this occurs, an outline of the image can remain “burnt” into the screen even after it has been turned off, or replaced with a different picture. It’s an issue which can be found in almost all displays, though modern technologies have gone some way to reducing it.

On one of its support pages on the subject of LED burn-in, Samsung says that you shouldn’t have a static image on the display for more than two hours.

The S8/S8 Plus screens are probably as susceptible to burn-in as any other.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I have no idea what i just said. Clever_User_Name did you just make me say something naughty :#

Screen burn-in, not to be confused with the similar — though completely temporary — image retention (or image persistence), is a permanent display artifact created when static images remain on the display for extended periods of time. When this occurs, an outline of the image can remain “burnt” into the screen even after it has been turned off, or replaced with a different picture. It’s an issue which can be found in almost all displays, though modern technologies have gone some way to reducing it.

On one of its support pages on the subject of LED burn-in, Samsung says that you shouldn’t have a static image on the display for more than two hours.

imagine watchin pr0n hub, exiting, because u don't want ur gf to see, and then u see a huge shadow boob image on ur wallpaper. yep... lol

You know, I was actually thinking something like that would suck if that happened.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

imagine watchin pr0n hub, exiting, because u don't want ur gf to see, and then u see a huge shadow boob image on ur wallpaper. yep... lol

You know, I was actually thinking something like that would suck if that happened.

After reading @cee134 explanation my mind went there...i was like....ooohhhhh😯
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

After reading @cee134 explanation my mind went there...i was like....ooohhhhh😯

so pretty much the same reaction as ur PP, and I mean profile picture

Dont talk about my Pp...haha and yes lol...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    You need ear plugs and nose clips for that procedure.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Throw it in the pool to cool your screen from the burn....magic ~¿~
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    Solid advice in here