"Sneaky" Cereal!

Options
Lesliecs
Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
So I was surprised this morning when I logged my calories for the "Honey Graham Oh's" cereal that I ate for the 1st time. All other cereals that I have eaten in the past listed their "per serving" size as 1 cup - usually 100-110 calories for what I normally eat. As I logged the Honey Oh's, I realized their "per serving" size is 3/4 cups at 110 calories! Ok... maybe not sneaky as much as I should check the per serving size more carefully!!!!! :embarassed:

Replies

• alsnipes
    alsnipes Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I almost barfed when i saw calorie/serving info on some of my favorites. I really enjoy the Chex cereals. I eat a somewhat large breakfast so i'll do 2 servings of 3/4 cup; rounds to 220-240 calories depending on which you get. It may seem like a lot + milk, but i'm on the 1440 calorie plan so i'm okay doing 300 or so calories for breakfast.
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My new cereal when I eat it, is Fiber One 80 calorie honey grahams I think its called. its 80 cals for 3/4 cup, and pretty good.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Bump. Cause i got a healthy cereal but the sugar in it is high like 12g it is a H.E.B brands Mesuli it is whole grains with pecans, almonds, dates etc.. in it but I am always up for a new healthier good cereal without so much sugar, and cals. I love adding cereal with yogurt bu tI have great value vanilla lowfat yogurt but the sugar in it is high. I guess next time I should of read the labels instead of reading what it says on the package.
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Granola cereals will just about kill you with cals. I'm looking for one to mix with my greek yogurt. Kashi crunch is pretty good. Any other ideas?
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Granola cereals will just about kill you with cals. I'm looking for one to mix with my greek yogurt. Kashi crunch is pretty good. Any other ideas?

I use Special K low fat granola in my yogurt. It's like 95 calories in 1/4 of a cup or something like that. I could be wrong.. Idk