Easy Take To Work Ideas

Options
What are your favorite bring to work lunch options? This is the first job I've had where I had to worry about taking a lunch , and it's a struggle lol I've eaten to many Jimmy John's unwhiches 😖 HELP!!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Sandwich? Yogurt? Fruit?
  • ThereAreManyNames
    ThereAreManyNames Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Most often I just bring a container with some combination of sauteed chicken and veg. Roasted zucchini or asparagus or anything I feel like throwing together the night before.

Lentils are also a nice filling option and easy to make.
  • DarianJP
    DarianJP Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I’ve discovered salad in a bag! Lol I just throw everything for a salad in a giant ziplock bag and take that to work with me with the dressing on the side. -Tuna salad made with hummus with carrots
    -Over-night oats with blueberries and walnuts
    -Baked chicken with baked vegetables
    -Chia pudding with freeze dried fruit and peanuts
    -Greek yogurt with blueberries and walnuts/peanuts
    These are all things that I make that are really easy, relatively quick and that I make in batches and eat a few days for lunch during the week.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Salad in a jar, or some kind of meal prepped combo of carbs/protein/veggies/fat. Taco salad is a fave. Sweet potatoes, quinoa, brown rice for carbs. Veggies are endless, but I like to do massaged kale or roasted cuciferous veggies the most because they hold up all week. Roasted chicken, beef tips, diy birdballs (turkey/chicken meatballs), or chicken sausage for protein. Top sweet potato with almond butter, or use oils/butter when cooking, or a bit of cheese for fat. You can keep an avocado all week long if you throw an onion in the same container with your sliced halves, too.
  • ThereAreManyNames
    ThereAreManyNames Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I guess with my earlier post I was assuming there was a microwave somewhere but that may not be the case.

Nothing wrong with an ordinary sandwich and fruit then, or something like crackers and chicken salad (if the mayo in the latter doesn't take too big a hit out of your calorie total) but I've never liked having a big or complicated lunch, it's just something to tide me over till I get home and do some real cooking.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Not a food suggestion but a bag:

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/crew-cooler-jr/221629?productid=10153371

Both my husband and I have one. The pockets are great for non-perishable snacks and utensils. I put a small rectangular ice block in the bottom and then rectangular/square food containers on top. (The rubbermaid blocx fit perfectly.) Everything stays nice and cool.

I don't know about where you work, but our breakroom fridge is so full that small items can get easily lost or smashed.

• WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    If you have access to a microwave, you can bring dinner leftovers. Canned soup is another easy one. Tuna salad, egg salad, chicken salad.
  • bestrongbefit1
    bestrongbefit1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This was helpful! :) just needed some new ideas! very much appreciated!