ONE pound...

Options
Monday morning...oh how I hate you. But I got up anyway at the insistence of my alarm clock. After my shower i reluctantly got on the scale for my Monday morning weigh in. But before we talk about that let me bring you up to speed. I have been on MFP for 2 weeks today. I have lost 3 lbs. I was feeling a little sad because I felt like after making such a drastic calorie reduction for the last couple weeks I should have lost so much more (unrealistic I know but I'm IMPATIENT). So stepping on the scale this morning after a weekend of indulgences (wedding Sat, bday party with homemade ice cream Sun), I was feeling a little defeated. I'm doing all this work for what? I'll never lose the weight. And what do you know??? I lost one pound!!! I know what you're thinking...why the excitement over one measly little pound? Because it's one less pound than I had last week. Because even after jumping off the wagon all weekend, my hard work from last week still showed. Because it gave me the motivation I needed to keep going cuz slowly but surely, it WILL come off! Happy Monday all :)

Replies

• Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wonderful outlook! You rock! :happy:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    One pound is something to celebrate/
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Every pound counts, good luck to you! Great way to start the day!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You just learned an important lesson - there is no small loss... one pound is a BIG deal. half a pound is a big deal.
    congratulations!!
  • bergebl03
    bergebl03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's great!!!! Way to go! Keep up the good work
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    EVERY SINGLE POUND COUNTS!!!! I get giddy over a half pound if it's less than I was last week! Good job!!! Keep up the good work!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Yay you!!!! A lb is a lb is a lb and it's exciting to lose even just one!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 1 pound! It does mean a lot...it is not just one pound..it is one pound closer to where you want to be. Good luck on your journey..you are headed in the right direction!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I love to see people celebrating a loss... no matter how much it is!! Way to go!! :smile:
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Amazing great job!! Keep up the good work!! :)
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • mrsbrown2k1
    Options
    A pound is a pound!!! Good for you!!!
  • kizzy67
    kizzy67 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Positive outlook leads to positive results :) Way to go!!!
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    One always seems like such a small number, it is the smallest whole number. But, give it the credit it is due, look at 1 lb. of butter! One lb. of sugar! one lb. of ground beef! Just to name a few, one is a wonderful number,! :) Great job!:happy:
  • kimsciolino
    kimsciolino Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I would be super excited to lose 1 pound. I have been working out for 11 weeks and eating very healthy. I could not lose any weight then I did the shakeology cleanse and lost 5.3lbs I woke my husband up to let him see the #'s on the scale. You would of thought i lost 50lbs i was so happy. So you should celebrate and be excited. That is awesome news. Just think a pint of water weighs 1 pound. So be proud and happy of your acomplishment!!!!Congrats
  • Shells06
    Shells06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You people are amazing and have upped my motivation that much more!!! The support and encouragement on this site keeps me going :smile:
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sometimes our body needs a shock, so if after lowering a calorie count for a couple weeks you endulge one weekend, it can be good for metabolism. Nice job!
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    People always think that the weight should just fall off. TV shows like the Biggest Loser etc. show people losing 10+ lbs in a single week. Doing this is neither healthy nor sustainable. Losing 1 or 2lb per week IS sustainable and you won't be doing it using dangerous methods like they use on those shows. Please just be happy that the scale is moving in the right direction and you're losing already. Some people will wait a month or over to see any difference on the scales.