WAVING. New!

Options
:smile: I've been looking for a site to help me figure out how many calories I can have in a day to lose weight. At first I wasn't trying to connect with others, just wanted to do what needed to be done and realized that alone doesn't really offer a challenge or provide anyone who knows your struggles. So this is me, a 38 year-old wife and mother, looking to connect with real people struggling to lose weight.

Replies

• rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site:bigsmile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    That is exactly what this site does.
    I use it to keep track of other nutrients for medical purposes, but most people use it for calories.
    The calories per day, the site tells you are based on your current size, activity level, and how quickly you want to lose weight.
  • hphm420
    hphm420 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm a 35 wife and mother. Good Luck! :-)
  • SWC54
    SWC54 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi I am new too. Professional dieter, new to site. been having way too much food-centered fun this summer. Back to reality.
    I tend to save my calories up for end of day which I know will backfire on me. Like for lunch today I am scouring looking for lowest calorie alternative. Tend to play lots of gamesnwith food....leave roll off,deduct 100 cals. Kind of stuff. Well, here we go!,
  • Soccermom46368
    Options
    Hi! I'm Michelle a 33 year old mother of 3...also trying to lose weight, and get healthy!
  • Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    **WAVING BACK** Howdy and welcome!! Im 45 yr old wife and a mom to 4 boys!! Feel free to add me as well.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! It is unbelievable how much it helps to have support and motivation from others who have the exact same goal as you.... to lose weight and eat healthier! You'll find all that and more here! Good luck on your journey! :happy:
  • nmades
    nmades Posts: 10
    Options
    *Waving back to you!* I am a 47 year old mom to two nearly grown kids. I also realize that it's very difficult to do this in a vacuum. I think I'd have a much better time staying motivated (especially to exercise) with some like-minded buddies to share the experience with! Please feel free to add me too!
  • ellenyarber
    Options
    I am new to this site. I am a 47 yr old mom with 3 young adult children. I work out pretty frequently but need to be more accountable for my eating. I am hopeful this website will give me the help I need to lose some weight. Nice to know I am not alone :)