GERD

Options
My name is Camille, Hello to everyone, I am 56, but still very vibrant. But my body doesn't think so. I really need some help with this, all the food they say I can't eat I love and all the foods they want me to eat are disgusting. I know I'm will try to change these eating habit because the acid in my stomach is eating me up. I'm from the South and we don't eat all those decorated and bland foods. Any suggestion on some down home cooks.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You will have to tell us what the foods they want you to eat and not are, (and maybe who "they" are, too), and why you find certain foods disgusting, and what you like, and what it is about the food you like that makes you like it.
  • janeo150
    janeo150 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Camille. I'm also from the south, although now transplanted to the west. And I have GERD, LOL. Has your doctor recommended any medications? Prilosec is the only thing that kept me from developing severe ulcers. I tried altering my diet for many years and it never helped. I know it (Prilosec) has gotten some bad press lately but for me, it changed my life. Good luck to you and welcome to MFP!
  • joyjackie
    joyjackie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please be careful with the Prilosec or any PPI’s . They are highly addictive. I was on them for 15 years. You get relief but long term they can bring bad side effects like osteoporosis and dementia. I finally got over them by taking 300mg of ranitidine ( Zantac). Just trying to be helpful.
  • JonnyLegend58
    JonnyLegend58 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Have your primary physician refir you to a Gastroenterologist. There is such a thing as Barrettes Esophagus and other issues that GERD and heartburn can be related to. Trust me, you would want to know sooner than later.