Starting Again

Options
1dawncvt
1dawncvt Posts: 1 Member
After starting and stopping since January, I finally have it in my head I need to do this.
After some heart scares, which turned out to be SVT, my cardio told me I'm headed in the same direction as my mother, who ended up with congestive heart failure because of her weight and poor eating choices. He said I'm still young and can turn it around, but I need to do it now.
So here I am with a damn good reason to get back on track. I need to post over 100 pounds. I've done it before and know I can do it again. =)

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    Pain is the precursor to change. Bravo. You've sat down with your medical professional, face-to-face and looked him directly in the eye. He gave it to you straight. This is the way. Good decisions all the way around.
  • sara4220
    sara4220 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • GrammyPat2018
    GrammyPat2018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am starting again. I lost over 100 pounds several years ago and have slowly gained it back. I am going to be a grandmother for the first time and I want to be able to be healthy and active to enjoy him
  • thisway
    thisway Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also starting again. I've started several times but seem never to last more than a week or so. I am determined this time to stick with it
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    The most important thing to do is come up with a sustainable plan and a way of eating you can stick to for life.

If you slip up, carry on, one bad day doesn't equal failure, just log it and move on.

Best of luck!
  • khaliyah_asha
    khaliyah_asha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Today, I too, am starting a new chapter in my fitness journey. I am joining this community for support from people who are trying to develop the age old mantra of consistency over time, with regard to being healthier and fitter than at the present moment. I have been on this journey a long time, and I know that being more fit definitely makes me happier than not, I have come to the conclusion that I need to be down with people who are on the same mission and not in competition.
  • jrodriguez878
    jrodriguez878 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am starting again, I’ve done this a few times and manage to lose some weight but then fall back into the same old habits and here I am again. Hoping to get the weight off and keep it off this time... I get to a point where I am happy with how I look and then stop all the stuff that got me there but this time will be different.

We can do it!