1200 calories but no exercise?

Options
I am not finding the time to exercise because of work - i am a pre school teacher(working 9 hours) and a mom of a 3 year old. Will I still manage to loose weight? I want to loose 10kg over 3 months or so. Please let me know your thoughts.

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Yes you can lose weight this way, however you won't be toned so you stand the chance of being a skinny flabby person and you won't lose as fast. But losing weight is like 85% diet and 15% exercise. Also you should try to incorporate some kind of regular exercise into your daily life when you can. This could be as little as a walk at lunchtime or playing with your 3 year old by chasing him/her around.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I also found it hard when I worked in preschools, but I started making some outdoor games and running around the yard with them. :) That helped...and I was EVEN MORE tired.
  • kamula
    kamula Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thanks for your response will try the 30 day shed its not a long wrk out i guess
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I really think it also depends on you. What kinds of foods are you eating to get that 1200 cals? How fast is your metabolism generally? What grade are you teaching? If you are teaching younger kids you are probably burning a lot of calories just with your job anyway. Also it is prioritizing. I think you could find ways to play with your 3 year old and get exercise in the process.
  • InsanlyIrene
    Options
    Like emmy said, you need some kind of workout for you to be able to really tone up and be slim instead of just loose the weight, I know it's hard working out believe me I do but it is doable there are programs out there which enable you to workout at night or early in the morning at home. Check out Beachbody.com for more information or message me if you want more tips on how to manage it, there are enough people who work 9 hours a day and have kids and still are able to really do it.. though it IS hard believe me I know being a mother myself ;)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    yes you can still lose weight. but honestly in my opinion if you really want to exercise there is always time to fit a few small things in.

even just a few minutes here and there of some simple calisthenics is better than nothing, few crunchs before bed,

use the all might google for ideas
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest getting a pedometer and aiming for 10000 steps/day or more. Getting exercise in your day doesn't necessarily have to be a trip to the gym.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You'll lose as long as you stay under 1200 calories. That is do-able but hard. For me, the way it worked was this--after a few weeks of being hungry because of eating only 1200 calories, I became very motivated to find time to exercise so I wouldn't have to be so hungry! That being said, I know it is hard with a 3 year old, and teaching. I've been there and done that! Maybe you could put your child in the stroller. (Mine loved to ride because I started them early). Or take his/her bike to the park and let him ride while you walk. That was always a fun outing! Remember--this too will pass, your children will grow up, and then things will be easier, but there will be new challenges. Now the challenge is in trying to find time to exercise while being a glorified taxi driver as I take my teen and pre-teen to practices, games, and meets! One little tip: always have a pair of athletic shoes and socks in your car so you can walk or run at any time and place!

You can do this!
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I didn't start exercising until a few mths in - I believe I had lost about 15 lbs out of the 26 that I wanted to lose before I started working out. So you can definitely lose weight without working out but like everyone else is saying you won't be toned. I did the 30 day shred and that will get you really good and toned if you stick with it. :) Good luck !
  • kamula
    Options
    pedometer is a great idea i will try that
  • Autumn_P
    Autumn_P Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I can't fit in alot of exercise I do things in the house like crunches, pushups, leg lifts, chair dips, squats, lunges. Playing w/ the kids is good and fun. I let them "fly" (I lay on the floor w/ my legs up and they put their bellies on my feet. I hold onto their hands and fly them around. They have a blast and I get in a workout!
    Hope this helps :flowerforyou:
  • kamula
    Options
    thanks for the wonderful tips! will get going! good luck to all!