Type 2 Diabetic

Options
Hello MyFitnessPal Team. I'm a type 2 diabetic. My goal is to get off all the poisons I've been subscribed by my Doctors. Pills and Insulin. Can you help me?

Frank Pupillo

Replies

• juliajoy1967
    juliajoy1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Frank, I am also a type 2 diabetic. I am not on insulin, and my Ghosn is to not get there, although I've not been doing well lately.
  • juliajoy1967
    juliajoy1967 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    *goal
  • clmbk1
    clmbk1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Frank, I'm with you on this journey. I'm on metformin only, and I want to get off of that. What have you been doing? What's your A1C? Wishing you all the best on your journey.
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Try afrezza for type 1 and type 2, it's the new standard of care for diabetics...
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I found the hook, Dr Bernstein's Diabetes Solution to be very helpful. The purpose of his book is to reduce insulin needs through a low carb diet. Richard Bernstein has a helpful website and many videos too.

Dr Jason Fung's Obesity Code or Diabetes Code are also aimed at helping diabetics. It's another low carb plan but he includes fasting to help improve insulin sensitivity. He also has a bunch of videos and a website called IDM.