Options
How do you all get protein for the whole day

Replies

• PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Chicken. I love me some thighs!

Also will occasionally have a protein shake on the lazy days. Mine has a bunch of other nutrients in it, too.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I would say the majority comes from chicken, cottage cheese, lean beef, turkey, whey protein, eggs, egg whites, fish (usually tuna, salmon, cod, trout, sea bass), shrimp, .. sometimes Greek yogurt, pork, lamb, other seafood (oysters, clams, mussels, squid, scallops etc), tofu, edamame
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,218 Member
    Options
    This thread links to a spreadsheet that lists many, many foods by protein efficiency - most protein for fewest calories.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

Look at your diary, and find foods you're currently eating that have relatively many calories for the amount of tastiness, satisfaction, and nutrition they give you. Eat less of those. Find foods in the spreadsheet that you enjoy eating. Eat more of those. Keep repeating until you're getting the amount of protein you want.

I have kefir, skim milk, and peanut butter most breakfasts, sometimes with Ezekiel pita.

For lunch, I often have oatmeal with Greek yogurt, walnuts, hemp seeds and flax seeds (plus berries and blackstrap molasses), plus coffee with lots of skim milk.

Dinner proteins are legumes, eggs, cheese, veggies that have protein, soy or pea pasta, tofu, and that sort of thing, in various preparations.

(I'm ovo-lacto vegetarian).
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Mostly chicken for me plus low-fat dairy and nuts. I try to fit a little in with each meal or snack
  • cwsweetpea28
    cwsweetpea28 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Good idea thanks I just eating enough protein I did try protein shake but I have drinking milk.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I eat 16-24oz of meat/ seafood a day and then have a lot of dairy as well! pretty easy to hit my protein goals!
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Every day I have scrambled liquid eggs (walmart's version of egg beaters) with cheese, greek yogurt, skim milk, and some form of meat (mostly chicken and pork with occasional seafood). Most days I also have cottage cheese, lunch meat, and boiled eggs so I never have a problem getting 70+ grams of protein while staying under my 1200 calorie goal