Why won't my body start this process?

Options
So I've been trying to lose weight for a while now. Recently I've really cracked down on eating and I've been getting exercise in like crazy, why won't my body drop the first few pounds? I just don't understand why I can't get the scale to budge for more than a week. It goes down a few tenths of a pound and then the next week it's just back up again.... can you be at a plateau before you even start? I had my class reunion this weekend and saw a few pictures online of myself- YUCKY! Why won't it just give up the first few pounds?

Replies

• lennykat
    lennykat Posts: 89
    Options
    Bump

Needing the same advice!
  • nzeiher
    nzeiher Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same issue I have been really watching and keeping records but I am at the same place I was 3 weeks ago. Help getting discouraged
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hear you but the advice I keep getting is to just stick with it but it is very discouraging when the scall keeps going up..
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you're eating enough? Are you logging your food accurately? How about exercise? Overestimating exercise and under estimating food = no loss. Also, not eating enough can often = no loss. How is your sodium? Are you drinking enough water?

Since your diary isn't public, I can't take a quick peek and see if I see something that stands out to me.

Edited to add: Make sure you're getting your calories as close to zero as possible. Yes, we all want to see that we didn't go over our calories for the day - but you don't want to have 200, 300 or more calories left. Aim to be as close to zero as you can get. :)
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've been essentially stuck for weeks now. I think I'm not eating enough calories, and I'm not exercising enough. My food logging has been very accurate (except for this weekend, which I took "off" out of frustration).
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    For all of you posting that you are having problems starting this process:

Honestly now:

How much processed food are you eating?
    How much food are you preparing yourself?

If you start preparing more of the food yourself and limit pre-packaged goods, you should begin to see a good amount of loss. You will also know what it is that you are putting into your food. You can limit or remove those non-pronounceable ingredients in the packaged stuff and get the nutrients your body needs.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Double post
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Same story here. I've been logging on here for 20 days and was on Livestrong for a week before that.

I went from eating pretty much what I wanted, when I wanted, not exercising and having a glass or two of wine per night to exercising daily (mostly), eating very clean and cutting right back on drink (weekends only and even then not as much as I used to).

There has been no change what so ever. I just don't get it. Even my body fat % is the same. What is taking my body so long to sort out??? I've had bloods done and all was ok there. I'm very accurate with logging and even logged this weekend while at a festival and eating/drinking rubbish (out of frustration like the lady above). I drink loads of water and do strength training.

I'm at a loss as to what to do next.
  • alanaosu
    alanaosu Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I prepare ALL of my own meals and buy organic where possible. My husband can't believe how healthy my food is. He thinks I'm going to turn into a salad! Lol.
  • ilovemyheart
    ilovemyheart Posts: 15 Member
    Options