Newb, vegan, geeky person! Support buddies welcome!

Options
amarna13
amarna13 Posts: 23 Member
Hello everyone!

31 year old here looking for friends for support and encouragement. Hoping to lose 70 lbs and entering a new chapter of my life (impending divorce, newly solo parent, re-adopting a vegan diet -- non-vegans you're still cool in my book, no worries -- new job and new city.)

Friends welcome!

Replies

• pinaycoco
    pinaycoco Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lots of changes going on! It's a great time to adopt new, healthy habits! Just to say, I moved for my job a year ago to Latin America and after a few months if mindless eating and no exercise I managed to get back into eating more mindfully and exercising most days; I lost a few extra kilos for my wedding (super easy) and am now trying to stick with good habits and not regain it (not so easy). If you need the occasional cheer up, feel free to add me. I'm also a longtime vegan. ☺
  • amarna13
    Options
    pinaycoco wrote: »
    Lots of changes going on! It's a great time to adopt new, healthy habits! Just to say, I moved for my job a year ago to Latin America and after a few months if mindless eating and no exercise I managed to get back into eating more mindfully and exercising most days; I lost a few extra kilos for my wedding (super easy) and am now trying to stick with good habits and not regain it (not so easy). If you need the occasional cheer up, feel free to add me. I'm also a longtime vegan. ☺

Thank you! Will add you shortly!

I figure, while everything else is new might as well adopt a healthier lifestyle too. :)
  • njboo
    njboo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome and feel free to add me. I’ve been vegetarian for 7 years (did vegan for a while), have a 1 year old and love the sense of community via my fitness pal. Best wishes!
  • Mads5715
    Mads5715 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Became vegetarian because of health issues as a child and looking to improve my health. Would love to be added by anyone wanting to motivate each other. I would also be thrilled to hear about tips for a vegan lifestyle. I haven't decided on going 100% vegan yet but most of the time I don't eat animal products anyway.
  • amarna13
    Options
    Mads5715 wrote: »
    Became vegetarian because of health issues as a child and looking to improve my health. Would love to be added by anyone wanting to motivate each other. I would also be thrilled to hear about tips for a vegan lifestyle. I haven't decided on going 100% vegan yet but most of the time I don't eat animal products anyway.

My reasons were largely ethical but the health benefits are also so key to what keeps me going. I just feel so much better on a vegan diet. I'll be happy to add you! Feel free to message me with any questions you might have. :)
  • shaneburnside90
    shaneburnside90 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    👹🇳🇷🇳🇦

WDch