IM A CHOCOHOLIC

Options
tyismc
tyismc Posts: 75 Member
I need some serious help with this. I wish I hated chocolate I would probably be much lighter. Can someone please tell me what they eat to help with this horrible addiction?

Replies

• DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    tyismc wrote: »
    It's not an addiction, but telling yourself you're addicted, out of control, that chocolate is the devil, unhealthy, etc, makes it imossible to moderate intake. Oh, I eat anything I want, and I still get cravings, and I indulge sometimes, but usually just say no, not now.

my post was mainly retoricle. Im basically looking for ideas to use in place of.

Nothing replaces chocolate, just like nothing replaces peanut butter (for me :lol: ) Saying you are addicted is just a way of relinquishing control, implying the chocolate controls you instead of you controlling your consumption of chocolate. Moderation is key. I like Ghirardelli squares or similar high quality darker chocolates. They seems to pack more punch than the milky stuff, which is far too easy to overeat.

Agreed. I keep the little Ghirardelli squares in my desk at work and at home. Sometimes I only eat a half of one so I can subdue the beast enough to last until the next attack.
    I don’t want to completely stop eating chocolate, life is too short for that. If I can learn to exhibit control, than anyone can.
    You got this.
  • ninasnonsense
    ninasnonsense Posts: 39 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    40g of raw oats, 1 ripe/overripe bannana, about 5g of cocoa powder and about140ml of milk. Chuck it all in a blender. It makes a really nice chocolate milkshake that's awesome for breakfast. Put it in the fridge for an hour or so and it gets really thick. almost pudding consistency.

Gives the chocolate kick while also being full of fibre, protein and slow release carbs.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I buy the squares of Green & Black Dark Chocolate 70% cacao with sea salt. One square is rich enough to satisfy my craving.
  • tyismc
    tyismc Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    40g of raw oats, 1 ripe/overripe bannana, about 5g of cocoa powder and about140ml of milk. Chuck it all in a blender. It makes a really nice chocolate milkshake that's awesome for breakfast. Put it in the fridge for an hour or so and it gets really thick. almost pudding consistency.

Gives the chocolate kick while also being full of fibre, protein and slow release carbs.

How many calories is it? Do you know off hand?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate! The key for me is eating high quality chocolate that actually satisfies the urge, and eating it slowly.

I have a 70 calorie Ghirardelli dark chocolate and caramel square at night before bed. I nibble at it very very slowly, going all the way around the edges before finally taking little bites. It takes a long time to eat it, and my chocolate itch is scratched by the time I'm done.

My breakfast is very chocolatey, filling, and only 225 calories:

63fd67c339fe06f13c89cd8dd1f48cad.png
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I don't crave chocolate very often, but I do enjoy the taste. Usually a low calorie pudding cup, Fudgsicle, small chocolate ice cream, small piece of milk or dark chocolate, adding some cocoa powder to protein smoothies, or just plain 100% pure chocolate, a small square is about 35 cals and while it is a bit bitter and doesn't have the mouth feel of other dark chocolate, it is quite nice with a coffee and has a wonderful aftertaste.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I use dark cocoa powder, almond milk, and a little splenda when I get my chocolate milk craving. for 16oz about 75 cals
  • ninasnonsense
    ninasnonsense Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    tyismc wrote: »

How many calories is it? Do you know off hand?

370, so good for a breakfast. Less if you use skimmed milk and 150 of that is from the oats which if you're just looking for chocolate can be left out. It makes a reasonable sized glass full. Has something like 10g of fibre as is.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Have chocolate gravy for breakfast ~90 calories on biscuits. Fulfills that craving right off the bat!
  • luvmygrls77
    luvmygrls77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I could never eliminate chocolate but the key is moderation. I keep my chocolate in the freezer so I can savor it longer. Lol. Those mint dark chocolate ghirardelli squares are very satisfying. I’ve noticed a lot of brands are making smaller portion ice creams too. Also the Quest chocolate chip cookie dough bar is tits. Love those.
    Pinterest is full of amazing low cal chocolate recipes.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Look at my diary from yesterday - 2.5 chocolate chip brownies and a chocolatey protein bar at lunch. I made it fit. Paddling a kayak 9+ miles helped...
  • kittyluvduck
    kittyluvduck Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I eat Halo top ice cream. My favorites are chocolate peanut butter and chocolate covered banana.