Breakfast ideas

Options
Hit me with all your breakfast idea. At this stage I’ll just be having coffee! 🤣
Turns out everything has a decent amount of carbs or fat to it. Even 1 standard poached egg used up over 200kj of my daily intake!

Replies

• Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with carbs or fat. To lose weight, eat at a calorie deficit. That's it, unless you are allergic to something or have another legitimate medical issue with certain foods, there are no bad foods.

I've lost about 180lbs, I eat carbs, fat, salt, processed food, junk food, as well as veggies, lean protiens and complex carbs (potatoes, brown rice ect). I just make sure to be at a calorie deficit.

Why does my nutrition thing have a goal? 25% fat and 25% carbs and 50% protein?
    Yesterday I was under my calories but well over the fat and carbs

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes, everything has a decent amount of carbs and/or fat. The last macronutrient is protein, and that accounts for 35% of the energy in the egg. You can eat what you like, you just have to not have too many calories per day.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with carbs or fat. To lose weight, eat at a calorie deficit. That's it, unless you are allergic to something or have another legitimate medical issue with certain foods, there are no bad foods.

I've lost about 180lbs, I eat carbs, fat, salt, processed food, junk food, as well as veggies, lean protiens and complex carbs (potatoes, brown rice ect). I just make sure to be at a calorie deficit.

Why does my nutrition thing have a goal?
    It's to help you eat a balanced diet.
    25% fat and 25% carbs and 50% protein?
    Yesterday I was under my calories but well over the fat and carbs
    That's not balanced. Yes, you can change the goals yourself, but the point of that is to make it easier for yourself, not as hard as possible :#
  • Strongfitmama100412
    Strongfitmama100412 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to fats. I know Im eating good fats so Im not concerned. Im never over on carbs though.

I either have smoothies-Unsweetened almond milk, spinach, banana, strawberries, blueberries, and protein powder
    or
    2 eggs on wheat English muffin with a slice of low salt cheese and some piece of fruit
    or
    cereal- Weetabix with flax milk or almond milk with blueberries
    or
    Cereal-Kays natural protein cereal with almond milk and blueberries
    or
    2 kashi waffles with sugar free maple syrup and some fruit
    or
    yogurt with blueberries and strawberries with a little granola on top

• Mrsindepenant1
    Mrsindepenant1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I ended up having 1 cup yoghurt and 1 kiwi fruit and 1 mandarin. Ended up using almost 900kj, seems like a lot!
  • valligraves
    valligraves Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Lately I've been switching between an egg and cheese sandwich and avocado toast.

For the avocado toast I use obviously bread and avocado, then I get some lemon and squeeze the juice over arugula. I put the argula and chopped up tomatos on top

It's about 350-400 calories for two toasts depending on the bread you use.
  • kommodevaran
    Options
    I ended up having 1 cup yoghurt and 1 kiwi fruit and 1 mandarin. Ended up using almost 900kj, seems like a lot!
    215 calories? That's normally not a lot for a breakfast, but it you feel cheated - choose one piece of fruit, and half a cup of yogurt, and add some veg, and some kind of grains, and you're getting closer to a balanced meal, which will make it easier to stay within your calorie allowance for the day (and day after day). You know you can prelog in your diary - add and remove and adjust amounts to see how it will turn out, and then make the decision?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,007 Member
    Options
    63fd67c339fe06f13c89cd8dd1f48cad.png
  • trochanter
    trochanter Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Are you confusing kj with calories?

The conversions are as follows:
    1 kJ = 0.2 Cal
    1 Cal = 4.2 kJ
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat breakfast, most days I don't. I'm not hungry most mornings, plus then I get to eat more calories at my other meals.
  • moulds2tasha
    moulds2tasha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I usually start off light with some cottage cheese, yogurt with fruit, or just some bacon. Sometimes I'll make a chocolate Vega shake or fried rice with vegan 'egg' if I have time.