Cauliflower Rice

Options
2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I think they make a black bean pasta. check your local "health food" store. 25grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber per serving me believes.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I think they make a black bean pasta. check your local "health food" store. 25grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber per serving me believes.

The calorie count is pretty much the same as regular pasta though.
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Birdseye Vegetable noodles....in the frozen veggie section; They have a really great texture but as others have pointed out, the calorie count is not much different that regular noodles.
  • Ninkasi
    Ninkasi Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a really good rice pilaf recipe I got from a former coworker. I sub riced cauliflower for the actual rice and it turns out fine. (Of course I like cauliflower a lot so it's NBD to me.)
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like making curry dishes and putting that over riced cauliflower. I've never been a big rice fan (we ate too much of it growing up), but this works nicely for me.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I tried it and thought it was yucky, for lack of a more technical term :tongue: Did not care for the taste or texture, even buried in a flavorful curry sauce. I'll just have to stick with rice in appropriate portions, I guess!
  • vegeh
    vegeh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I pair cauliflower fried rice with the following sauce:
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    2 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tbsp sriracha sauce (I add more because I like heat)
    1 tsp sesame seed oil
    2 tsp rice wine vinegar

I always stirfry other veggies in and it’s delish. Sometimes I’ll add brown rice.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like a little butter and pepper on my cauliflower rice. So good!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Mari22na wrote: »
    Cauli-rice and zoodles, faux foods. I've tasted cauli-rice pizza and zoodle courgetti spaghetti. I'd rather eat twigs, pinecones, dirt and old tennis shoes. So I eat the real things and pay as I go. Simply track my portions and enjoy every single bite. Faux foods have a blowback component. The food reckoning. They leave you lingering long and having thoughts about the real things.
    If you don't consider vegetables real food I guess.

Well, cauliflower is a real food that I like. As is rice. But I can't argue with calling cauli-rice a faux food. I made it...once.

I made spaghetti squash once as well. That was plenty.

I love veggies. But I also love carbs, and IMO non-starchy veggies make terrible substitutes for carbs.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I just made cauliflower risotto this evening. I just cook it like rice risotto and it turns out great. This time, I minced garlic with it. I used the hot low sodium veggie broth method. Takes a good 20 minutes and somewhat a hands on process but the end result was a flavorful, creamy dish that I can't wait to have left overs tomorrow.
  • lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I love cauliflower rice. I make it mexican, greek, chinese...just about any type of cuisine. To me, rice has no flavor without adding herbs and spices much like cauliflower rice.
  • CasIsAHorse
    CasIsAHorse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions and tips. I will look into seasoning and make sure I don’t over cook.

As for pasta, I knew that was too good to be true. I’ll just have to be super mindful when I eat it, and make sure I enjoy every. Single. Bite.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice is on my list of things I admitted really weren't that good after i got to goal.
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You can buy low carb pasta in places like health food shops. Some are made with edamame beans for example.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Had cauliflower rice today with chilli flakes was delicious