I've lost weight and now I have no time to exercise!

Options
I know – go figure!

I’m so busy living life I have no time to “exercise”. ;)

Between the endless golf games, hours spent kayaking, hiking and biking I can’t find a spare minute.
I’d go at lunch but I’m too busy enjoying my walks to fit in anything else.

It’s like my lighter, fitter body is a new toy and all I want to do is play. :p

And hey, I’m on the prairies, that means winter is just around the corner, so I’m going to soak up the sun whenever I can.

And yes…… once the days get shorter and colder it will be back to “regular” exercising ….. rowing machine, bike trainer, resistance bands. Oh wait….. there’s still snowshoeing…lol.

This was partially meant to be tongue in cheek and I hope it is taken that way.

But I also wanted to let those who are starting their journey know that "exercise" comes in all shapes and forms and sometimes just living life is the best workout of all.
I spent a good portion of my life watching and wishing…… if only I could have those years back.

To quote Oprah…… “The greatest adventure you can have in life is to live your dreams”.

May you all live yours! :):):)

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Glad you are having a great summer!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Yes, exactly! Good for you. Everyone who posts things like "I can't find time to go to the gym" needs to read this. There are LOTS of ways to be active that don't require a gym. Great post!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Yes...most of my exercise is recreational activity...cycling, hiking, rock climbing, paddle boarding, etc...
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm in the midwest so I'm enjoying it while I can. I'm doing two dedicated strength workouts a week and the rest of my time is spent keeping busy outside :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Sounds lovely. I will add that I’ve lost 85# without EVER stepping foot in a gym.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Sounds lovely. I will add that I’ve lost 85# without EVER stepping foot in a gym.

Me either! If losing weight required going to the gym, I'd be doomed...

ETA: I don't think the no time thing is the biggest reason, most people can find 1 hour a day to exercise. It's more like "I couldn't be bothered" or "I'm exhausted after working 12 hours a day". I can relate to both scenarios.
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this and am so happy for you. I moved to FL 3 years ago and I think this is part of the reason why I've been able to lose weight - my desire to do anything and everything outside. Congratulations.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    My outdoor recreation is my gym. I am in the best shape I have been in for decades. Long hard paddles in the kayak or on the SUP have built up my upper body more than you might expect. It's more than "just" cardio.