Struggling to lose weight again

Options
priscillamartin1
priscillamartin1 Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I’ve been able to so many times pick up and start eating healthier and lose the weight but for some reason I’m letting myself fall victim to snacking and picking my favorite foods each time I eat out. It sucks because i love eating healthy, i enjoy health foods but I’ve let the cheat days add to too many times a week and i have gained 20 lbs in a year and i can’t believe it! It’s ridiculous after i eat something unhealthy after i told myself i wouldn’t all week! It’s unlike me to be weak like this it’s quite disappointing, I’m pretty upset with myself. Just needed to vent, any advise on getting some motivation

Replies

• absover40
    absover40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Last year I lost over 30 lbs and got down to my goal weight and then this year put it all back on again. I stopped working out as much and tracking my food. Just tracking food has a huge impact. I think the quality of calories is very important though. If you are trying to lose weight by eating small amounts of pizza each meal versus 5oz protein, 5oz veggie and a carb I think you will get there MUCH slower.
  • alimk
    alimk Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found my cheat days adding up to too many so now I try to limit it to just a cheat meal. Instead of going out to eat Friday and Saturday night and out to breakfast Sunday, I'll just pick one of those times and try to be healthy the rest of the weekend instead. And if it seems to overwhelming to just stop cold turkey, start out with little things. One less snack during the day, a smaller portion of something you usually indulge on....take it little by little!