Abs

Options
Best exercises for Abs?????

Replies

• taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options

IMHO, "push-back" (like push back away from the feeding trough) , aka = Proper diet to change your body composition to the point where your genetics allow you to exhibit your abs (assuming your genetics support such exhibition) ...

Essentially, dropping your body's fat percentage through diet.
  • amber_cox821
    amber_cox821 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you have a diet recommendation? I try not to eat over 1200 calories a day but obviously that’s not working. Lol. Is there a specific diet you think will work? Foods I need to stay away from completely?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Do you have a diet recommendation? I try not to eat over 1200 calories a day but obviously that’s not working. Lol. Is there a specific diet you think will work? Foods I need to stay away from completely?

Doing ab work does not reduce fat around the midsection...you can't spot reduce fat. If your midsection is primary fat stores, it's a first on, last off proposition. The midsection is primary fat stores for most men and many women.

As for ab and core work to build and strengthen, I like compound lifting movements, hanging leg raises, planks, and the ab wheel.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Crunches and planking will not hurt though
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options

Honestly, I got the best ab workout in my life through a bout of Bronchitis that had be coughing non-stop for a solid 3 weeks!! Not that I would recommend that to anyone though.

That being said, I've lately been using a Smartphone app from Athlean-X called "Six Pack Promise". It's got quick, easy to follow (but challenging to do) daily workouts that take 5-7 minutes a day (with rest days thrown in for a 6 week program).

There are other Smartphone apps which I've tried as well, SchvagerFM has an entire series of different ones, but I've found this one to have the best design.
  • Cardioguy81
    Cardioguy81 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31lbs in the last 3.5mths and I'm finally seeing abs peek through, it's true first on and last off, feels like I have to trim everywhere else down before the tire around my belly button started slimming down
  • amber_cox821
    amber_cox821 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I’ll pass on the Bronchitis tho Egger29 😉