Slow and steady wins the race!

Roosh513
Roosh513 Posts: 57 Member
edited February 2018 in Success Stories
It had been awhile since I took a progress photo, but this blew my mind! My starting weight was 237 lb, but I didn't even record my weight until I got to 219 lb. I've still got plenty of work to do, but the guy on the left would've never enjoyed setting foot in a gym. This was all done at home over the past couple of years with P90X, but I'm so excited to start lifting and putting on more size! I look forward to every gym session now. Just remember that if you are frustrated with slow progress, take a look back at where you were a year ago and you might just surprise yourself.

tjqmujzv7jcb.jpg

Replies

• luce_de_luce
    luce_de_luce Posts: 41 Member
    My heart! Great job!
  • klr1981
    klr1981 Posts: 46 Member
    You look like a totally different guy! Good job!!
  • Roosh513
    Great job my man. I still won’t do a shirtless photo!

I didn't take my first picture until I had dropped to 219 lb. It's tough, but I'm glad I did. Sometimes I get frustrated with lack of progress. This is the first place I've shared my photos.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Lookin great! Keep it up
  • khartell1022
    khartell1022 Posts: 25 Member
    Great focus. Your message was inspiring.
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Well done!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Whoa
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Nice story and great results Congratulations
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Wow! Thanks for posting an update—your transformation is amazing! Great work!
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Holy shitballs!! You look amazing! Your hard work has paid off!
  • sharonedix
    sharonedix Posts: 28 Member
    I am smiling , slow and steady does win the race. Doing great keep it up . Goals are more than obtainable once the mind is made up . Once again Great Job !
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Great results, what height are you? What’s the plan now?
  • walktalkdog
    walktalkdog Posts: 102 Member
    Great job - amazing results! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • Roosh513
    Tic78 wrote: »

I am 6 foot.

The current plan is to get below 10% body fat, so my cut continues for now. Once that is achieved, me and my trainer are going to evaluate what to do next. The tentative plan is to start a reverse diet and work on heavy lifts. My current training program is built around a 5 day split with light weight (mostly machines) with some intense super sets.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Holy crap, you look like a totally different man! Fantastic work!
  • Tic78
    Tic78 Posts: 232 Member
    Roosh513 wrote: »

I am 6 foot.

The current plan is to get below 10% body fat, so my cut continues for now. Once that is achieved, me and my trainer are going to evaluate what to do next. The tentative plan is to start a reverse diet and work on heavy lifts. My current training program is built around a 5 day split with light weight (mostly machines) with some intense super sets.

Thanks for sharing. I am on a cut just now and was starting too lose focus. Was feeling like can a couple of lbs make that much a difference.

Well you’re pictures answered that question for me. I see a major difference in the 175lb to 173lb picture. A lot more definition.

I’ve never considered doing light weights but it’s clearly working for you. Fantastic results!

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Smoking! Good job!
  • Roosh513
    Roosh513 wrote: »

I am 6 foot.

Thanks for sharing. I am on a cut just now and was starting too lose focus. Was feeling like can a couple of lbs make that much a difference.

Well you’re pictures answered that question for me. I see a major difference in the 175lb to 173lb picture. A lot more definition.

I’ve never considered doing light weights but it’s clearly working for you. Fantastic results!

No problem, and thanks! Just stay consistent with your routine and measure relatively frequently. Recomps are frustrating because sometimes it's tough to measure results. Weight fluctuates up and down. I had been stuck for about a year, so I hired a coach. While remaining consistent, take progress photos! It's very important so that you can compare. I talk to my coach about it all the time and sometimes complain that I'm not seeing results (the mirror is your worst enemy). He said to stop being an *kitten* to myself because the pictures and the body fat readings haven't stopped dropping for 3 months :lol:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!